ESA backs plans for British plane which can go anywhere in four hours

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Has it been mentioned yet that not everyplace is 4 hours hours away?

It is if you go fast enough.

Since you are older that would seem to mean God likes you least.

We're the same size as Michigan. We're already pretty crowded as it is.

Real craft !

The conceptual ones aren't.

that actually fly and land SAFELY

Not all the time.

To be fair the concept is certainly worth looking at. The real problem will be the same as Concorde. Getting the seat price down to affordable levels.

Concorde was UNDERpriced, not overpriced. Market research had revealed that many customers thought Concorde was more expensive than it actually was, so ticket prices were progressively raised to match these perceptions. It is reported that British Airways then ran Concorde at a profit, unlike their French counterparts.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
England Announces More Fake Aircraft

December 17, 2014- London

The Briddish Space and Aeronautical Artists Association released today to the public more drawings and renditions of Briddish peoples imaginations. Fantastic (but not real) drawings were created and approved upon were released to the admiring subjects of the German Royals.

"When we saw the Briddish Royal Navy and Nautical Artist Association release it's drawing of it's fake and imaginary navy we knew we had to create even more outlandish fantasi..... errr... aircraft. We also added fake people and a fake hanger to our drawings."

Another fine achievement (we think) by the Briddish subjects who are still reeling from their Kate oogling the U.S's King James.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If they hire Robert Bateman to paint some fictional leopards into the pictures the project will be complete.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Someone's got a chip on their shoulder. It must be hard to wake up every morning and suddenly realise you are a Yank living in a godforsaken hellhole. It's no wonder they look enviously across the Pond.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Someone's got a chip on their shoulder. It must be hard to wake up every morning and suddenly realise you are a Yank living in a godforsaken hellhole. It's no wonder they look enviously across the Pond.

This coming from the land where all their achievements are still on the drawing table!

London...

Not London...

But America.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This coming from the land where all their achievements are still on the drawing table!

Britain's had many great achievements already, probably more than any other country on Earth. Britain is the greatest civilisation in history. Remember: Were it not for Great Britain and her Empire there would be neither a USA nor a Canada. You have a lot to be thankful and grateful for.

Great Britain earlier this year:

Yankeeland earlier this year:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Of course, as we all know, the British gave the world the commercial jet airliner - the De Havilland Comet was the first.

Was also the first in explosive decompression. I expect this pipe dream has potential for even more spectacular boo-boo- especially with 300 passengers crammed into your sardine can cargo bay

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Britain's had many great achievements already, probably more than any other country on Earth. Britain is the greatest civilisation in history. Remember: Were it not for Great Britain and her Empire there would be neither a USA nor a Canada. You have a lot to be thankful and grateful for.

That's true, and there would also be no crippling national debt. By the way how are you lot doing with your crippling debt. Are there no work houses anymore?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Get your head out of the sewer pipe. Your posts are getting less coherent every day.
avoider

mold isn't any kinder and it kind of grows on you, sorry, in you.

That's true, and there would also be no crippling national debt. By the way how are you lot doing with your crippling debt. Are there no work houses anymore?
He lost all credibility when he held up Canada and the US as being the role model of the perfection the UK created. For that creation the reward should be a huge fine and somebody do a symbolic jail term as to jail the guilty one 30M new prisoners and the old guard is also part of the new prisoners so . . . complications galore.

Says the guy who is taking pic of the coming weather system that makes the Thames a seasonal port, nice to see some things never change. (think ships mast in the UK) You have yet to admit that the 'next plan' might be better than the one your countrymen originally came up with. The way you just put it we were nothing more than proxy warriors for the monarchy, only flying the equal to the old and abused pirate flag that was the booga booga guy before that. Talk about overuse.

Might I suggest something stronger than an umbrella when taking pics of those from directly under them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Britain's had many great achievements already, probably more than any other country on Earth. Britain is the greatest civilisation in history.

All true except the verb tense. Britain WAS the greatest civilisation in history. Its day is done, and a once-great empire has gone the way of Egypt, Greece, and Rome. A client state of their former colony, weak, poor, decadent, and unable to say anything besides "Me too!" and contribute its pathetic five to ten percent to any going concern.

Your forefathers bestrode the oceans of the world, Blackleaf. Their sad little sons cannot bestride a car park mud puddle.

You were born too late. Sorry.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Whatever you need to tell yourself, Joe.

Complaining about it and getting all in a tizzy will neither:

1) Change my opinion, nor;

2) Change reality.

Britain is the greatest civilisation ever to have bestridden the globe and the chances are that that situation will remain for a long time to come.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well stop doing it then, mate.

I understand, I really do. I'm Shawnee. We were once a powerful tribe. Nobody messed with us, and everybody was careful not to anger us. We went where we pleased and did what we pleased. Now we have a coupla square miles of the most unattractive real estate in Oklahoma and we're basically dying off. I sometimes comfort myself by indulging in the illusion that we're still a great people and have much to offer the world. But that's just for a few minutes a coupla times a year. We had a good run. It's over.

Just like you.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm Shawnee.

Sorry about that.

Nobody messed with us,
Unless they were armed with more than spears and axes.

Now we have a coupla square miles of the most unattractive real estate in Oklahoma and we're basically dying off.
Well kick the Yanks off your land and bring back the British. The British treated you and your fellow primitives much better than the Yanks did.

I sometimes comfort myself by indulging in the illusion that we're still a great people and have much to offer the world.
How have you ever been a great people? What have you ever achieved apart from chucking spears about and banging drums? Sod all is the answer.