US, Canada should merge into one country

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I know people who have lost their best friends by marrying them. A Canada US marriage would be the perfect example.

The are our best friends when they want something.

They are now referring to water as "North American Water".

Bit presumptuous I would say, but that's just me. Stevo will likely giv'em all they want.

Speaking of water, we're getting sold down the river. ha ha , eh.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Did you use purple indicating sarcasm?
No, because

1. I wasn't being sarcastic and

2. I don't believe in colour-coding for dullards.

I'm colour blind.
Merely one of many blindnesses that beset you.

More nation states is better than fewer nation states that is why the NWO destroys independent nations and imposes central authorities. So more is better. All the eggs in one basket is what led to the stinking mess we have now.
Yep, look how great Europe was when it was in a state of constant warfare.

And my arrangement would provide less freedom by grouping like-minded people into countries where they would have substantial majorities, thus enabling them to impose their views on on the minorities and maintain indoctrination.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hey darkestbeaver...my entire post should have reeked of sarcasm to you but your red says otherwise. So sarcastic as a matter of fact that I used 'excellent' twice.

No harm no foul and I'm over the hurt, but really man...:lol:

I thought we normally used purple ink for sarcasm, but you, being in an elevated position, probably consider purple ink only for the peasants. ..............but really man.(big fukkin smiley here) winky winky

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
No, because

1. I wasn't being sarcastic and

2. I don't believe in colour-coding for dullards.

Merely one of many blindnesses that beset you.

Yep, look how great Europe was when it was in a state of constant warfare.

And my arrangement would provide less freedom by grouping like-minded people into countries where they would have substantial majorities, thus enabling them to impose their views on on the minorities and maintain indoctrination.

You enjoy sucking up to the mods?? Or just being your normal puerile self ??
Check the mirror for a true dullard.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
No I don't think this would be a good idea for either side
We might be cousins in the true sense of the word but
we do have two distinct and definable cultures and that
sometimes is more beneficial. We don't have the same
wive on world affairs no matter how hard Harper tries to
bend us into a different mold. Canada has a vision of its
own and that shall remain.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I thought we normally used purple ink for sarcasm, but you, being in an elevated position, probably consider purple ink only for the peasants. ..............but really man.(big fukkin smiley here) winky winky

You off your feed again? :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Geez Karrie... I don't know what the downside for the US is of absorbing Canada into the US.

Of course this is all far fetched... this idea. I am making assumptions on the form of government that would certainly not be a parliamentary government with the Royal Family as its head of state.

For sake of argument (or discussion)... lets just say the provinces simply became states I don't see the downside for the US... but I see it as a disaster for Canadians.

What you were replying to was my statement that the government would crumble under its size at that point. You replied by saying 'it would be a disaster for Canada' I'm stating that if they merged, and it collapsed under its size, it wouldn't just suck for Canada. It would suck for everyone involved.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Nah, I like you guys but don't want to "sleep" with you! -:)

I bet that's not true.

It would be a disaster for Canada I think.

Nope

It would also be a disaster for America because most Canadians are leftists who would vote for Democrats. Canadians are much more collectivist than we are. For all my love for Canada and Canadians I believe a union between the two countries would overwhelm American conservatives and libertarians.