Reddit bans comments from global warming skeptics

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Allen then expressed surprise that removing an entire faction of commenters “resulted in a change in the culture within the comments. Where once there were personal insults and bitter accusations, there is now discussion of the relevant aspects of the research.”​

I suppose that Allen would have then removed any/all references from UN-based 'facts' that were gleaned from East Anglia University?

... Yeah, I doubt it too

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'skeptics' = dissent = trouble = ban

Sounds about right with the self-righteous labeling crowd.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Climate scientist isn't fabricated. What ever made you think that the term climate scientist is something to be suspicious of? Climate models aren't junk, some are worse than others but they are not as a whole junk. They're a tool, a tool that many people don't understand, or even attempt to understand. I could make a very large list of phenomenon that were predicted by models before being confirmed by observations. There is nothing junky about that, that's how science works. Experiments and observations.
What is a climate scientist?

Sure they are tools. So is a pair of pliers. Mr Goodpliers can predict and complete an oil change by logical reasoning and a pair of pliers too but would you trust him with your jet engine?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A climatologist. How many Climate Scientists are Climatologists?

My dentist is a scientist. If he did a paper linking global warming to less and less people complaining of nerve pain from cold air over a 30 year span does it make him a climate scientist with proof of warming trends?

Last edited:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
A climatologist. How many Climate Scientists are Climatologists?

My demist is a scientist. If he did a paper linking global warming to less and less people complaining of nerve pain from cold air over a 30 year does it make him a climate scientist with proof warming trends?

No, that wouldn't make him a climate scientist. A climate scientist knows more than the average bear about climate.

It's multi-disciplinary. So, for instance, I probably know more radiation physics than most climatologists. You'd need a hydrologist to speak to the potential impacts on surface waters.

There's no proof oin the natural sciences. Proof is a logical abstraction.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
That doesn't make them climate scientists. They are Astrophysicists, hydrologists and climatologists.

Scientists that inform the issue then. Semantics. Call them whatever you like, but the excess CO2 molecules in the atmosphere are still going to re-radiate infrared energy back to teh surface of teh earth.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
And supports wealth distribution?

Like John C. Beale... the EPAs top Climate Expert...

Climate change expert's fraud was 'crime of massive proportion,' say feds - Investigations

As I have said before... there is so much money to be made in Climate Change.

Hedgehog.

What is excess based on? The past interglacial periods?

Who knows for sure? Overwhelming evidence is that the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is mainly due to human oxidation of hydrocarbons, given that the math works out to the right order of magnitude and given that there does not appear a similar event in geological hisotry where concentrations have increased this quickly.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
What is a climate scientist?

Don't play dumb. Tell us what you don't like about it.

If something misses the mark it's junk.
No, if something misses the mark it wasn't accurate. In science we have objective tests for that, so you'll have to do better than some inarticulate blanket statement that simply lumps all models together. Heck that means your model is crap too, though you seem supremely confident in it ironically.

What is excess based on?
Carbon cycle. Heard of it? If you have then the answer to your question should be obvious.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Don't play dumb. Tell us what you don't like about it.

No, if something misses the mark it wasn't accurate. In science we have objective tests for that, so you'll have to do better than some inarticulate blanket statement that simply lumps all models together. Heck that means your model is crap too, though you seem supremely confident in it ironically.

Carbon cycle. Heard of it? If you have then the answer to your question should be obvious.

Absolute unmitigated bull****.

In 2007, that moron Al Gore said there would be no ice at the North Pole in 5 years.

Last week in snowed....in Cairo. I guess the Pole moved south huh?/

There has been NO increase in mean temperature on earth since at least the year 2000.

"Global warming" has been the greatest con foisted on a gullible population in 100 years.

And the very fact that the supporters of global warming will brook no counter argument disproves their claim to be "scientific" in their conclusions. Science ALWAYS tolerates a challenge.

And supports wealth distribution?

Like John C. Beale... the EPAs top Climate Expert...

Climate change expert's fraud was 'crime of massive proportion,' say feds - Investigations

As I have said before... there is so much money to be made in Climate Change.

They are all con artists, led by the greatest con of all, Al Gore.

It is only a matter of degree.