Obama: Keystone XL Won't Create Jobs, Will Raise Gas Prices

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
And still no banking regulations......tsk, tsk.

Banking laws are written by Congress just in case you didn't know.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid Gopher, corporate profits won't help the people out of work all over the United States.

Sad thing is, you sound like a hard line Republican.

Left? Right? The zealots on both sides don't give a tinkers damn as long as their Rock Star is in power.

If your heroes in the Republican party, Tea Baggers, and other right wingers would only change the tax laws to end all overseas tax shelters as I have repeatedly suggested there would be some change. But to blame Obama for Congress's failure to change the law is absurd and is nothing more than a broken record.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

[/FONT]

If your heroes in the Republican party, Tea Baggers, and other right wingers would only change the tax laws to end all overseas tax shelters as I have repeatedly suggested there would be some change. But to blame Obama for Congress's failure to change the law is absurd and is nothing more than a broken record.

what exactly is it that Obama CAN do?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

[/FONT]

I don't have any heroes in the Republican Party, but thanks for making my point with a great big exclamation.

Have a freedom fry with some of that Kool Aid.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
First of all I am happy he is not happy I wanted that stopped from the start.
Canadian oil will be shipped south to be refined or stored in another country
and we don't benefit from the job market ourselves.
And the oil going south is not for American domestic use it will be primarily for
export. If it is exported and we are short of fuel the price goes up.
In addition if we supply the increasing demand for oil in Asia the price will really
go up.

Works even better if we build our own XL pipeline to Montreal, replacing all that Chavez JR.crude tankering into Eastern Canada.
Who's giving you the redmark??

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
gerryh; said:
what exactly is it that Obama CAN do?

When Bush snapped his fingers everyone in Congress obeyed him and funded his destructive agenda. If they obeyed Obama his more intelligent agenda would make things would be a lot better in the USA today.

Retired_Can_Soldier; said:
I don't have any heroes in the Republican Party, but thanks for making my point with a great big exclamation.

Have a freedom fry with some of that Kool Aid.

Sorry - no can do. I ain't no Repukeblican nor a wannabe

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Wait, what? How is not allowing a Candian company to build a pipeline in the United States an issue of Canadian sovereignty?

THIS should be good. . .
“There is no evidence that that’s true.” He then blamed Canada for not “doing more” to prevent carbon emissions from oil sands. Obama continued, “I meant what I said; I’m going to evaluate this based on whether or not this is going to significantly contribute to carbon in our atmosphere. And there is no doubt that Canada at the source in those tar sands could potentially be doing more to mitigate carbon release.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
“There is no evidence that that’s true.” He then blamed Canada for not “doing more” to prevent carbon emissions from oil sands. Obama continued, “I meant what I said; I’m going to evaluate this based on whether or not this is going to significantly contribute to carbon in our atmosphere. And there is no doubt that Canada at the source in those tar sands could potentially be doing more to mitigate carbon release.”
So, making a statement about Canada is "interfering with Canadian sovereignty?" If that's the standard, Canadians on this board interfere with U.S. sovereignty a couple hundred times a day.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
In the long run, he did us a big favor. Keystone XL was a badly flawed concept.
I agree. Allowing the private sector to create jobs is bad because fewer people will be reliant on the gubmint for their livelihood.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I agree. Allowing the private sector to create jobs is bad because fewer people will be reliant on the gubmint for their livelihood.

Too bad the private sector can't create jobs without relying on the gubmint for tax breaks.

Ayn Rand am cry.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
So, making a statement about Canada is "interfering with Canadian sovereignty?" If that's the standard, Canadians on this board interfere with U.S. sovereignty a couple hundred times a day.

Tenskwatawa,

Barack Obama doesn't work at Burger King or post at Canadian Content. Rather, he's the most powerful person in the world with the ability to directly impact Canadian economic well being. Check this out:

Conservative environmental policies could impact Keystone pipeline debate - National | Globalnews.ca

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Tenskwatawa,

Barack Obama doesn't work at Burger King or post at Canadian Content. Rather, he's the most powerful person in the world with the ability to directly impact Canadian economic well being. Check this out:

Conservative environmental policies could impact Keystone pipeline debate - National | Globalnews.ca

“And our national interest will be served only if this project does not significantly exacerbate the problem of carbon pollution,” the president said.

Someone in the CPC best be getting some scientific studies underway to prove the cause is just.

Oh yea, I forgot.. Harper labelled scientists as one of his enemies.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pipelines aren't going to stop the necessity of industry's need to be greased which can't be done with hemp oil and rainbows.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Pipelines aren't going to stop the necessity of industry's need to be greased which can't be done with hemp oil and rainbows.

A better response would have been to show how pipelines are safer than trucks/trains or whatever.. it would still be a red herring, but a marginally better red herring than 'hey look - hippies!'

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
“And our national interest will be served only if this project does not significantly exacerbate the problem of carbon pollution,” the president said.

Someone in the CPC best be getting some scientific studies underway to prove the cause is just.

Oh yea, I forgot.. Harper labelled scientists as one of his enemies.

Prez O. is telling us, really nicely, that they don't need more heavy crude at Henry hub.

and shipping Heavy crude to Gulf tidewater to compete with Heavy Orinoco crude coming in by SUPERTANKER is, well, dumb.