Vatican ethics expert Ignacio Carrasco de Paula slams Nobel Prize for IVF pioneer

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I'm not aware of any. But then there's always the possibility that some of Icke's lizard people have infiltrated the Vatican.

I am not aware of them either but I'm sure they must be hiding there somewhere. Like you say they should be easy to find by just following the lizard spore.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
and that has what to do with any of the Church here in Canada or any where in the world besides the u.s.a.? Or do we have another ignorant and arrogant american that thinks their laws should apply to any and all?

Ah, Gerryh, charming as always.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ah, Gerryh, charming as always.

Well then, let's look at your stupidity.

For one thing, where's the Pope in the Bible?

and you would expect to see the Pope mentioned in a book that describes our Lord Jesus Christ's ministry while on earth because?............. You do realize that there was no Holy Roman Catholic Church until AFTER Christ ascended.....right? But....if you want to get technical.... Peter, who is considered the First Holy Father of the Church IS mentioned, more than once, in the NT.

Secondly, if you take the assention of Jesus literally (i.e. that he physically actually rose to the skies like a rocket), then can that would mean that identifying heaven woudl be a question for NASA, not theologians. so, is heaven within you, or at a particular cosmic coordinate?

and we are to take everything in the Bible as literal because.......... you say so?

True enough. Innocent priests must make a decision.

and what decision would that be? The same decision you should be making because Canadian governments have allied themselves with murderers and cut throats through the years? or is that different?:roll:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
and that has what to do with any of the Church here in Canada or any where in the world besides the u.s.a.? Or do we have another ignorant and arrogant american that thinks their laws should apply to any and all?
It is grounds for action in the States.

Do we have another ignorant and arrogant Canadian that thinks other countries don't have comparable laws?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It is grounds for action in the States.

Do we have another ignorant and arrogant Canadian that thinks other countries don't have comparable laws?

You are the one that mentioned RICO, as if it means anything to the majority of the population on this planet.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The Church has always been at work resolving that er ah issue. God bless them, the task is beyond earthly hands apparently.

There isn't one single example of any organized society or community that doesn't have it's own dirty laundry... Did it ever dawn on you to look in your own back yard for skeletons?

What am I saying, that degree of objectivity is reserved exclusively for others

Fact is; the RCC and Vatican is among the oldest surviving organizations in the world today, and there is a reason for it that extends far beyond all of the conspiracies forwarded by the tin foil hat society.

It goes well beyond that. Every single individual in a position of authority in the heirarchy engaged in every conceivable theological, legal, and social trick, including coercing the parents of abused children, to cover for abusive priests. That's accessory. And it was all of them, and that's RICO.

Great comment as it applies equally to any and every facet of every culture on the planet.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

What it means is that is can be used. It is an effective tool for use against criminal behavior. Used against the Mafia, Wall Street and a number of others.

And it can be used in prosecuting Priests and higher level Officials of the Church.
And the penalties are severe.

As to the Ignorant American- I would say no. Well educated, literate and makes a clear point.

It also means that those indicted unless having Diplomatic Immunity are subject to arrest when in the US.

From what I know of US Law all it takes is a Grand Jury to indict under a Criminal Conspiracy under RICO. Federal laws are followed.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What it means is that is can be used. It is an effective tool for use against criminal behavior. Used against the Mafia, Wall Street and a number of others.

And it can be used in prosecuting Priests and higher level Officials of the Church.
And the penalties are severe.

As to the Ignorant American- I would say no. Well educated, literate and makes a clear point.

It also means that those indicted unless having Diplomatic Immunity are subject to arrest when in the US.

From what I know of US Law all it takes is a Grand Jury to indict under a Criminal Conspiracy under RICO. Federal laws are followed.

I'll say it again, RICO has absolutely NOTHING to do with the majority of the population. It ONLY applies to the u.s.a., and the u.s.a. is NOT the be all and end all of this planet.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'll say it again, RICO has absolutely NOTHING to do with the majority of the population. It ONLY applies to the u.s.a., and the u.s.a. is NOT the be all and end all of this planet.

Who stated it did? No one to my knowledge stated that it did.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm also curious as to how a thread about what the Vatican is doing to clean up their bank got side tracked to the "old" problem of sexual misconduct by a very small percentage of the Catholic Clergy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'm also curious as to how a thread about what the Vatican is doing to clean up their bank got side tracked to the "old" problem of sexual misconduct by a very small percentage of the Catholic Clergy.
Gerry that is not this thread.
I believe in my heart and soul that Pope Francis will make change. It will not happen overnight,but it will happen.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry that is not this thread.
I believe in my heart and soul that Pope Francis will make change. It will not happen overnight,but it will happen.

You're right, sorry. How did a thread on IVF get turned?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There isn't one single example of any organized society or community that doesn't have it's own dirty laundry... Did it ever dawn on you to look in your own back yard for skeletons?

What am I saying, that degree of objectivity is reserved exclusively for others

Fact is; the RCC and Vatican is among the oldest surviving organizations in the world today, and there is a reason for it that extends far beyond all of the conspiracies forwarded by the tin foil hat society.

Great comment as it applies equally to any and every facet of every culture on the planet.

What do you believe that reason is? It is puzzling to me how in the age of conspiracy you would continue to annul their validity except we consider the thickness of your own personal foil headdress which of course you are willfully unaware of. You might consider, if you were as objective as you believe yourself to be,that you have employed the tin hat far more than I. I have bones in the yard but my yard is certainly dwarfed by the Churches. You are comparing apples and continents. Thank you for the intercourse.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What do you believe that reason is?

Hypocrisy

It is puzzling to me how in the age of conspiracy you would continue to annul their validity except we consider the thickness of your own personal foil headdress which of course you are willfully unaware of.

I don't subscribe to using tin foil... A large cabbage leaf is vastly more effective, and it's more eco friendly.

I'm all about the environment

You might consider, if you were as objective as you believe yourself to be,that you have employed the tin hat far more than I. I have bones in the yard but my yard is certainly dwarfed by the Churches. You are comparing apples and continents. Thank you for the intercourse.

Herein lies the problem, you are equating 'your bones in the yard' with that of an entire organization while specifically eliminating the individuals (in that organization) from your equation.

This is no different than when you read of a teacher that has inappropriate contact with a minor - the societal reaction is to condemn the individual and understands that it is not 'all teachers'.

That degree of hypocrisy is tangible in the overt attacks on the RCC... They have money while the individual does not. Our litigious society sees the material opportunity in going after the organization, therefore needing desperately to blame the organization rather than the individual.

When a teacher, psychiatrist, union member or even a representative of another mainstream religion is convicted of statutory rape - society doesn't blame the teachers association, AMA, labour union or an entire religious base, yet the same standard doesn't apply to the RCC.

.. Makes you really think about the apples vs continents comment, doesn't it?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I don't see people blaming all clergy for what a few did but I do think people are pointing the finger at the Vatican and most of its clergy for the attempts at keeping the abuse quiet and the failure to do something about it in a timely fashion. Between 1985 and 2012 the various diocese have paid over $3 billion in settlements and several requested bankruptcy protection. You don't do that unless you were caught doing a nono.
"Ah, Father Jones, we know you did something naughty with little Jessie Smith, but it doesn't need to leave this room or be aired in public. Just say 4 Hail Marys and we'll give you another parrish".
But anyway, this thread is about some RCC bag of noxious wind ranting about In Vitros. Can't seem to make up its tiny little mind, that RCC. A little while ago we heard a few rants against using birth control and now they rant against having kids. F'n ludicrous.