Life in BC

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They eat and destroy a lot of grain. Especially oats.

They are starting to wander the prairie again.

Everything has made one helluva come back post DDT on the alto plano.

Some are doing too well.

Vancouver - The only hole in the world that is above ground.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Vancouver is not the a**hole of the world but you can see it from there
I live in the interior and its fairly mild in winter hot as hell in summer though

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Everything you say is true. Whatever you do, Albertans, don't move here. It sucks! :lol:

We know. That's why we live in God's country. Just got back from a BC vacation. It's nice to go there every few years just to remind oneself of why Alberta is so much better.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't live in Vancouver, but I love it, so beautiful, a bit more rain than here on the island, but
I don't care, doesn't bother me at all, a nice gortex keeps one dry, and temperatures are moderate
all year round, not too cold and not too hot, hardly any snow.

I can't afford to live there, but would love a little getaway to stay in once in a while, so I could
visit all the neat places I remember.(can't afford that). Great walking city, beautiful false creek area with the little
boats that are used like taxis.
Don't like the surrounding areas so much, richmond, burnaby.

I have never found it dangerous at all, but those who want to wander around the areas, (that all cities
have, that are not the best) at night, thinking everyone is honest and sweet, should give their heads
a shake, thats life in all the big cities, and many of the 'not so' big cities' too.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
We know. That's why we live in God's country. Just got back from a BC vacation. It's nice to go there every few years just to remind oneself of why Alberta is so much better.

Actually, if you really enjoy the contast, you should try Kabul. :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't live in Vancouver, but I love it, so beautiful, a bit more rain than here on the island, but
I don't care, doesn't bother me at all, a nice gortex keeps one dry, and temperatures are moderate
all year round, not too cold and not too hot, hardly any snow.

I can't afford to live there, but would love a little getaway to stay in once in a while, so I could
visit all the neat places I remember.(can't afford that). Great walking city, beautiful false creek area with the little
boats that are used like taxis.
Don't like the surrounding areas so much, richmond, burnaby.

I have never found it dangerous at all, but those who want to wander around the areas, (that all cities
have, that are not the best) at night, thinking everyone is honest and sweet, should give their heads
a shake, thats life in all the big cities, and many of the 'not so' big cities' too.

Try Calgary, you'll never go back to Vancouver! -:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Try Calgary, you'll never go back to Vancouver! -:)

no, not true at all, although I like Calgary, too far away from the ocean for me.

I love Vancouver, as I said, travelled all over that city since I can remember, around
4 years old I guess. Wonderful memories, stanley park picnics, lots of walks around
the park, lunch at the pavillion with my mom, then took our kids there many times for
lunch.
Lots of trips over to west and north vancouver and Bowen Island.

Lots of trips to all of the vancouver beaches, lots of hockey games to the old forum, then
the colleseum.

Lots of city walking, and the sea bus to n. van.

Visits to ubc when our daughter was attending there.

Lots of visits to china town to have good food.

Ball games and soccer games when I was a kid, with my dad.(the mounties, Nat Bailey stadium, and soccer at Kallister park,(sp?).

I worked in vancouver for 2 1/2 years till I was married, then worked in New Westminster.

Great boat trips all over, fishing and boating, close around vancouver, up burrard inlet, out from
horshoe bay, white cliff.

I know that city inside out, can't discourage me or fool me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
no, not true at all, although I like Calgary, too far away from the ocean for me.

I love Vancouver, as I said, travelled all over that city since I can remember, around
4 years old I guess. Wonderful memories, stanley park picnics, lots of walks around
the park, lunch at the pavillion with my mom, then took our kids there many times for
lunch.
Lots of trips over to west and north vancouver and Bowen Island.

Lots of trips to all of the vancouver beaches, lots of hockey games to the old forum, then
the colleseum.

Lots of city walking, and the sea bus to n. van.

Visits to ubc when our daughter was attending there.

Lots of visits to china town to have good food.

Ball games and soccer games when I was a kid, with my dad.(the mounties, Nat Bailey stadium, and soccer at Kallister park,(sp?).

I worked in vancouver for 2 1/2 years till I was married, then worked in New Westminster.

Great boat trips all over, fishing and boating, close around vancouver, up burrard inlet, out from
horshoe bay, white cliff.

I know that city inside out, can't discourage me or fool me.

Hard to argue with all that Talloola. You should apply for a job as "tourist ambassador" -:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Hard to argue with all that Talloola. You should apply for a job as "tourist ambassador" -:)

yeah, lol, sounds like it, the more I typed, the more I thought of things we did, lots of good
memories, but now I have 30 years of good memories on the island, i'll have to ramble those
on this board some day, no I won't, don't worry. lol