Harper snubs First Nations

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
you didn't walk 1500 +- K to Ottawa either.

I definitey feel there was a severe snubbing here. Some govt. non entity could have been relegated to meet them. Mike Duffy springs to mind. He could have waddled his fat **** out front and said,,,,,,,,"hey , welcome"...........or somesuch.

You want to foist Mike Duffy on them?!? Nuggler! What do you have against Canada's Indigenous people? ;)

HIKING.................and snowshoeing...............Take a remedial reading course and check out the paper online.

Well, when one thinks one knows everything to begin with.....well, you know the drill.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You want to foist Mike Duffy on them?!? Nuggler! What do you have against Canada's Indigenous people? ;)

Well, when one thinks one knows everything to begin with.....well, you know the drill.

Yah, sorry, sheesh, what was I thinking?.............Pretty much anyone but the Duff.8O

Seriously though; I do think it was cruel not to give them a govt. welcome to Otttt...............woops..........considering the Great Leader's M.O..............that's exactly what they got.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think it's great that the people who were here first are leading us in taking our nation back from a group that represents almost nothing of what it means to be Canadian.

We're not a small, greedy, intolerant, ignorant people, but that's the impression the rest of world gets of us from the conservative government.

I get the feeling you don't like good government. All Harper is trying to accomplish is undo some of the excesses that years of liberal governments have saddled taxpayers with. Lefties generally call these entitlements.

Hockey? Maple syrup? Saying "eh," eh? Toques? Tim Hortons?

Used to be resource jobs too but the lefties don't like us making money. Unless it is pandering to rich tourists for minimum wage.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I get the feeling you don't like good government. All Harper is trying to accomplish is undo some of the excesses that years of liberal governments have saddled taxpayers with. Lefties generally call these entitlements.

Used to be resource jobs too but the lefties don't like us making money. Unless it is pandering to rich tourists for minimum wage.
And as one of those rich tourists, I very much appreciate it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Some of us do not want to be Mexico North.Actually worse because our tourist season is very short unless you like cold outdoor mud wrestling.
I heard they're going to ban that, to many participants losing eyes to very firm pointy nipples.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Some of us do not want to be Mexico North.Actually worse because our tourist season is very short unless you like cold outdoor mud wrestling.
Some of us ski but lack good mountains.

It's just a lack of creativity.

BC should be in Dubai or the Sahara promoting Rain Tours.

Arabs and Africans would pay well to splash around in unlimited puddles in the deluge months.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What a PR frig up.

Sure, to be fair, the panda traveled further to see him, but I really don't get how you can justify seeing a zoo animal over meeting with your own voting populace who are making a statement (highjacked cause or not). Of all the protests and actions taken by the Idle No More movement and ensuing gestures, this strikes me as the most positive. That should be encouraged, not ignored.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That should be encouraged, not ignored.
I get your point, but wouldn't his meeting them just be an invitation to any feel good agenda group marching on Ottawa from around Canada and demanding the same respect?

Where do you draw the line though? What groups are worthy, which aren't?

I think he made the right choice.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did anyone other than Preston Manning greet the guy who drove a combine from Dawson Creek BC to Ottawa years back?

All the way to Ottawa to meet Manning. That's like going to a hooker to get a hug.

Nick Parsons drove his big red combine from Dawson Creek in northern B.C. up
onto Parliament Hill, a distance of 4,800 kilometres, and parked near the
eternal flame monument beside the peace tower.

Parsons' mission was to bring attention to the plight of Prairie farmers and
the economic hardships they face daily.

Parsons says many farmers, like him, are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Opposition leader Preston Manning was there to meet Parsons, as he arrived in
Ottawa, offering his support. But there was no sign of Prime Minister Chretien,
the man Parsons had driven all the way to meet.

"Jean you in? Jean you in?" Parsons cried up to the Parliament Buildings.
But there was no answer from the prime minister.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
No, no I didn't, but I don't usually go to great lengths to promote hijacked agendas.

You think they were hijacking an agenda any more than fatty Spence ?

I think they had good intentions, but, dunno, and can't prove it, so won't argue with you.

My initial statement still stands: They got snubbed - way bad.

Did anyone other than Preston Manning greet the guy who drove a combine from Dawson Creek BC to Ottawa years back?

All the way to Ottawa to meet Manning. That's like going to a hooker to get a hug.

He should have phoned ahead. Jean was probably busy deflecting Shawinigate.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nope. The message has been lost and/or stolen.
Issues are still being brought forth just not all at once and in detail.

Latest is ridiculously low education funding in comparison to provincial off Rez schools. Nearly 1000% per student.

There has been plenty of weeding the garden and regrouping.

Round 2 should start soon.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Issues are still being brought forth just not all at once. Latest is ridiculously low education funding in comparison to provincial off Rez schools. Nearly 1000% per student.
That's old news. Something I pointed out on this very site, years ago.

There has been plenty of weeding the garden and regrouping.
They have ways to go. Sadly.

Round 2 should start soon.
They need to knock out the leeches, latcher's on and hidden agenda types.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's old news. Something I pointed out on this very site, years ago.
It is being brought up again after Provincial and Fed budgets upped revenuing sharing with Municipalities.

The majority of Municipal funds go for schooling.

So I guess the new news to this is the gap grew again.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Some of us ski but lack good mountains.

It's just a lack of creativity.

BC should be in Dubai or the Sahara promoting Rain Tours.

Arabs and Africans would pay well to splash around in unlimited puddles in the deluge months.

Funny you should mention that. My wife just had a family fro Texas stay here for a week. They went to Tofino in the rain and loved it. Apparently they get about 340 dry days a year. If I hadn't been away working I would have taken them to the North Island to really see rain.