Why I will Vote for Harper Next Election

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, but not all opinions are of equal value. Yours, for example, is wrong.

Excellent point. I have had people say "My opinion is just as good as yours." Nonsense. They are every bit as entitled to their opinions as I am to mine, but an opinion reached through acquiring knowledge, thinking carefully, and modifying as circumstances change is vastly superior to the "Coz that's the way it is!" variety.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
After much ponderous thought I must say the direction that Mr Harper and the Conservatives are moving Canada in are unprecedented and of the best value for Canada to progress to the worlds zenith of quality living for all it's citizens...........

April Fools Day Comes But Once A Year...............

The even bigger joke is there is nobody right now who is better. (and that is really scary) -:)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Jumping around the point I made. Even those darn liberals had members that dissented with policy - Not with Steve.

Yeah, I remember how Chretin jammed through the Kyoto Accord and threatened the Lib MPs with punitive actions if they didn't follow suit.

Try again Goobs

And the information lock down is unprecedented, excepting War. You know it as well as I do.

So what?

The manner in which these science clowns are attempting to make their own rules is also 'unprecedented'

There is nothing wrong with the way that Harper is going about things on this.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Well no but I know you are wise in your years. And no baby fat. Had to add that ya know.

I always like to read your posts Goobs.. Regardless if we are of parallel opinions, you always manage to articulate a strong argument.

PS - I've replaced the baby fat with man-fat (and lots of it after Easter festivities)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why Liberals hate Harper so much:

1. He never outlawed Gay marriage as they predicted
  2. He never outlawed abortion as they predicted
  3. He never unveiled the so called secret agenda that they have been fear mongering about prior to his becoming PM
  4. He sings Beatles songs and not too badly either
  5. He was less stiff than Ignatieff and plenty smarter than Justin
And that's just a few reasons why they hate Harper so much.

In fact I would say that those on the left hate him almost as much as Limbaugh hated the Clinton's.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you feel he's done no harm to you and yours you're not seeing the big picture. His anti-science agenda alone will do much harm to you and yours and all the rest of us too in the long term.

He eliminated the long gun registry as promised and is slowly but surely eliminating al the road blocks to job creation put in place by the the previous administrations. What more could you possibly want?

Yes, except that he thinks they work for him, and they don't.

They work for me and that is what is important.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He eliminated the long gun registry as promised and is slowly but surely eliminating al the road blocks to job creation put in place by the the previous administrations. What more could you possibly want?

They work for me and that is what is important.

Windmills! Lots of windmills!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't vote for Harper.. not in my riding.

I wonder how he is as an MP for his constituents. Or any MP who winds up either in cabinet or PM. In Chretien's memoirs he said his job was first and foremost an MP for his riding. As PM it must be difficult both for the MP and his/her constituents.

Then again these days MPs dont do a whole lot other than ribbon cutting ceremonies and other similar events.