My new Native hero, Chief Clarence Louie.

layzingin

Jan 14, 2013
I see i hit the nail on the hammer....

exactly..

Ive always wondered what the natives would do when the white man is a minority and how the other ethnic groups will react to this" you us for living here" attitude...

And whats with the attitude ive seen from some keeprs of the land who brag about shooting everything on the reserve? :lol:
Read your history; Native were not always a minority, in most cases they worked hand in hand with the new comers. The conflicts started when a government started claiming ownership of this land.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
wow! you have a chip on your shoulder. Take a deep breath, relax. Think rather than react.

You can see why it is important, no matter how big you think you are, not to debase anyone. In any context. I think Mr Louie did just that and he needs to apologize.
How big I think I am?

You mean like 6" and 220 lbs?
The way that came about was getting a job on the drilling rigs at 18 and learning how to chuck 100lb frozen pieces of steel around in 30 below weather 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
And then I learned how to pay my way through school student loan free by working my frozen *** off.
And then I learned how to pay 30 to 40 grand a year in income tax decade in and decade out.
Nothing special.

Or when you refer to "how big I think I am " are you refering to my assumed mental and educational capacities?
Like most of my fellow Canadians I worked hard, paid far too much in taxes and then tried my best to keep my antisocial and lawbreaking urges to a minumum.
Very ordinary Canadian stuff really.
I had the opportunity to travel an enormous amount and for that I shall always be grateful

If you have issues with my posts I would urge you debate my ideas and not post vague innuendos about "chips on shoulders" or how "big I think I am".
I know exactly "how big I am"

layzingin

Jan 14, 2013
nope i dont speak, ojibway .... Also im not here throwing either of those languages words up in your face, like you tonto.... Please dont detract...

Ive actually been thinking of learning the cree alphabet because well tht would be an assest in the north

by the way lazyingin, why such a dumb name to post with? Are you even native?

Also im not ignorant at all about your histories and cultures... Ive learned the histories and have learned alot of the tricks of the bush... I know the majority of all the natural remedies and foods growing wildly in ontario....

I would support you guys but ive had so many bad experiences with racist natives that its becoming difiicult to well... you know....
I am native and I took offense when Mr louie called his people down, even if it were meant in jest or a stereotype rebuttal. That is how I arrive at my log name. In spite of what people think, there are countless hard working natives as with all ethic groups of every race. we shouldn't generalize as some of us unintentionally do or otherwise.

How big I think I am?

You mean like 6" and 220 lbs?
The way that came about was getting a job on the drilling rigs at 18 and learning how to chuck 100lb frozen pieces of steel around in 30 below weather 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
And then I learned how to pay my way through school student loan free by working my frozen *** off.
And then I learned how to pay 30 to 40 grand a year in income tax decade in and decade out.
Nothing special.

Or when you refer to "how big I think I am " are you refering to my assumed mental and educational capacities?
Like most of my fellow Canadians I worked hard, paid far too much in taxes and then tried my best to keep my antisocial and lawbreaking urges to a minumum.
Very ordinary Canadian stuff really.
I had the opportunity to travel an enormous amount and for that I shall always be grateful

If you have issues with my posts I would urge you debate my ideas and not post vague innuendos about "chips on shoulders" or how "big I think I am".
I know exactly "how big I am"
oops! the big issue wasn't for you. But now I know how big you are. thanks

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I am native and I took offense when Mr louie called his people down, even if it were meant in jest or a stereotype rebuttal. That is how I arrive at my log name. In spite of what people think, there are countless hard working natives as with all ethic groups of every race. we shouldn't generalize as some of us unintentionally do or otherwise.

A native placed the post and set up the thread and he was not offended by Mr. Louie, so it is a matter of perception and interpretation. You have every right to feel offended that is your choice really, other natives who post here do not, that is their right too. cheers!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Sabe- A bastardization of "saviour" or "savvy"- to know? Kemo?????????

A native placed the post and set up the thread and he was not offended by Mr. Louie, so it is a matter of perception and interpretation. You have every right to feel offended that is your choice really, other natives who post here do not, that is their right too. cheers!

Perhaps people are putting too much stock in the ethnic aspect and would do better to look upon Clarence Louie's advice for what it is- from one human being to others. The shortcomings he was addressing is common to all ethnic groups. -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sabe- A bastardization of "saviour" or "savvy"- to know? Kemo?????????

Perhaps people are putting too much stock in the ethnic aspect and would do better to look upon Clarence Louie's advice for what it is- from one human being to others. The shortcomings he was addressing is common to all ethnic groups. -:)
I know some people it would apply to and my native girlfriend would not be one of them, my other black girlfriend howeverm the late comment would apply to. Has nothing to do with her being black and everything to do with Cherrie time and it pis ses me off every freaking time we meet...count on 20 to 60 minutes late. Now we just order without her... otherwise it gets ugly. So white, black asian, native, people are people...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Tonto is a metaphor to the Hollywood stereotyping of the native; he wasn't dumb, he was made a passive yes man to the lone ranger. Tonto's common retort was "kemo sabby" I can only guess it meant master...?

FYI - You are the only one doing any kind of generalizing here.

.... Thought that you might like to know

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know some people it would apply to and my native girlfriend would not be one of them, my other black girlfriend howeverm the late comment would apply to. Has nothing to do with her being black and everything to do with Cherrie time and it pis ses me off every freaking time we meet...count on 20 to 60 minutes late. Now we just order without her... otherwise it gets ugly. So white, black asian, native, people are people...

That's what I've always maintained!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I am native and I took offense when Mr louie called his people down, even if it were meant in jest or a stereotype rebuttal.

Okaaaay.

That is how I arrive at my log name.
So it's offensive when Chief Louie uses stereotypes as a rebuttal of stereotypes, but not when you do it?

In spite of what people think, there are countless hard working natives as with all ethic groups of every race.
Of course there are. The member who posted the original article, and who I can virtually guarantee doesn't find it in the lest offensive, would be one.

we shouldn't generalize as some of us unintentionally do or otherwise.
Again, agreed. So that being the case, what's with all the Lone Ranger commentary you're peppering the board with?

layzingin

Jan 14, 2013
Indifference is a stealth of miss content.

Okaaaay.

So it's offensive when Chief Louie uses stereotypes as a rebuttal of stereotypes, but not when you do it?

Of course there are. The member who posted the original article, and who I can virtually guarantee doesn't find it in the lest offensive, would be one.

Again, agreed. So that being the case, what's with all the Lone Ranger commentary you're peppering the board with?
Review the postings.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
'Indian Time doesn't cut it' for innovative chief with on-the-edge humour

ROY MacGREGOR
From Thursday's Globe and Mail.

FORT McMURRAY — The man with the PowerPoint presentation is miffed.

He is speaking to a large aboriginal conference and some of the attendees, including a few who hold high office, have straggled in.

“I can't stand people who are late,” he says into the microphone.

“Indian Time doesn't cut it.”

Some giggle, but no one is quite sure how far he is going to go. Just sit back and listen:

“My first rule for success is ‘Show up on time. My No. 2 rule for success is follow Rule No. 1.”

“If your life sucks, it's because you suck.”

“Quit your sniffling.”

“Join the real world — go to school or get a job.”

“Get off of welfare. Get off your butt.”

Actually, this is an excellent post and the lesson isn't confined to First Nations, another minority luminary gave a similar speech to his people- his name is Bill Cosby!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Review the postings.

No, you can explain yourself....beyond flippant commentary that is. Try full sentences and then when you put a few of them together you'll have a paragraph.

I've been reading your posts, so far you've added nothing of substance to any discussion you've been a part of.

layzingin

Jan 14, 2013
No, you can explain yourself....beyond flippant commentary that is. Try full sentences and then when you put a few of them together you'll have a paragraph.

I've been reading your posts, so far you've added nothing of substance to any discussion you've been a part of.
Your condescending attitude don't do much does it. Where is the substance?
Ask a friend, they'll help you out.