Weather. Odd or what?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm a perfectionist, no one can achieve the smooth edges like I can.!-:)

If I paid a guy $5 for what I shovelled yesterday, I wouldn't find anyone in the Okanagan who would shovel my snow ever again-:) To be fair I'd have to pay him $15. A solid hour of heavy work!

I like the smooth edges too, JLM. We don't have any young folks around here.........just a lot of old farts like me......besides, I get a lot of exercise shoveling snow. No need to kill oneself, slow and steady does the job - with a few breaks. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Get a scoop or a grain shovel. Drag the snow, don't lift it.

Bend the knees, scoop the snow, straighten the knees, heft and heave. I push to the edges, then bend, lift and heave. Get a pretty good work out doing things that way..........and no sore back.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Snow is the gods' way of controlling the elderly male population.

Well if it is only elderly males...............I'm safe for awhile yet. :smile:

Get a gas-powered leaf blower-the backpack type.

No in the cards, Spade..................like my peace and quiet waaaay too much and as I mentioned, the exercise is good for me. Not like I can going jogging. LOL!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Vancouver. Mmmm. Nice comfortable January temps. Wow. Effing great

About 1 more sunny day than I would expect in Vancouver.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bend the knees, scoop the snow, straighten the knees, heft and heave. I push to the edges, then bend, lift and heave. Get a pretty good work out doing things that way..........and no sore back.

Just exactly what I did half the morning.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I bought a Bobcat mostly to plow snow. Just having it works like a charm, haven't had to plow snow yet. Felt like spring today.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
[/FONT]

Just exactly what I did half the morning.

Half the morning and another hour or so this afternoon and I still have a good hour or more tomorrow - just in time for another few centimeters in the forecast. I can hardly wait.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Raining slightly here. The snow on my roof is starting to slide off. I hate going up on a metal roof any time of year.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Raining slightly here. The snow on my roof is starting to slide off. I hate going up on a metal roof any time of year.

I do too, Cliffy but if things don't warm up enough to get the snow on my roof moving - that's where I will be.