God’s law versus secular law. Which is moral?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Christian manhandling of the Scriptural texts,
We can help burn and destroy, we aren't cunning enough to be able to change the text to any great degree, that is why so much effort is spent is spent explaining the Bible while the books remains tightly closed to minute inspection.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Myth is more real than imagined when we keep allegory in mind while we study. If we don't then we are saddled with fantasy and gibberish. The old scriptures are superb reading once you grasp the meaning hidden in myth and allegory. No one who's read the bible without allegory first in mind has the slightest chance of illumination.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I

Will myth rule the day over myths? That definitely sounds like "faith".
Faith is clearly defined. The flood can be promoted in ways that do require a trillion of cubic miles of water come and go with no trace. Just based on the verse below how much proof do you thing God left laying around by accident?

Joh:20:29:
Jesus saith unto him,
Thomas,
because thou hast seen me,
thou hast believed:
blessed are they that have not seen,
and yet have believed

Myth is more real than imagined when we keep allegory in mind while we study. If we don't then we are saddled with fantasy and gibberish. The old scriptures are superb reading once you grasp the meaning hidden in myth and allegory. No one who's read the bible without allegory first in mind has the slightest chance of illumination.
How many still cling tightly to that after reading the visions and the explanations in Da:7 and Re:17?

Let alone the OT scholars that had it all figured out until God inserted a 2nd Babylon just pages from the end. Close your eyes was the solution arrived at.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Faith is clearly defined. The flood can be promoted in ways that do require a trillion of cubic miles of water come and go with no trace.
True, but they make little sense.
Just based on the verse below how much proof do you thing God left laying around by accident?

Jesus saith unto him,
Thomas,
thou hast believed:
and yet have believed.
I don't think "god" ever did much of anything. The thought of "god" caused a lot of people to do and say some pretty irrational things, though.

How many still cling tightly to that after reading the explanations in Da:7 and Re:17?
Explanations from the Bible are simply rationalisations or extremely incomplete and somewhat irrational justifications for believing in gods.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Faith is clearly defined. The flood can be promoted in ways that do require a trillion of cubic miles of water come and go with no trace. Just based on the verse below how much proof do you thing God left laying around by accident?

Jesus saith unto him,
Thomas,
thou hast believed:
and yet have believed

How many still cling tightly to that after reading the visions and the explanations in Da:7 and Re:17?

You are mistaking allegory for reality. What it says is not what it means.

Let alone the OT scholars that had it all figured out until God inserted a 2nd Babylon just pages from the end. Close your eyes was the solution arrived at.

For this Mary, too, had to undergo "the days of her purification," as the result of her giving birth to the seventh principle. (Massey in fact enumerates seven distinct Maries in the Gospel narrative, matching the seven Hathors of Egypt; and it is more than coincidence that the early Egyptian name for Hathor was Meri! Its plural was Merti or Mertae, which worked over into the Hebrew Martha!) She was Mother Nature Mary out of whose body the seven original demoniac forces had to be displaced. And the character of harlotry ascribed to her is due to another phase of the typal depiction, which assayed to present vividly to ancient minds the prolific productivity of Mother Nature out of wedlock, which is to say, before she had been impregnated with the higher Luciferian germ of divine Intelligence. Her brood of natural instincts were born--but not begotten of the Father, Mind. She was yet a Virgin, not married to Spirit. And in this light another great figure of Bible dramatism, made to stand in repulsive obloquy by literal rendering, is redeemed to acceptable understanding: The Great Harlot of Revelation. The Great ***** and the Scarlet Woman seated on seven hills (later grossly taken to be a reference to Rome on its seven hills!) are just typal figures for our great common physical Mother Nature, resting on her seven powers. And her *****dom with the princes of the earth, the higher mind, can be seen as in fact her divine impregnation and conception.
But it was necessary that she, with her "evil" progeny, should be cast out; and the Bible abounds with the heartless expulsion of "bad" women, from Eve to the Scarlet Lady of Revelation, whose "place should know them no more." Hagar, cast into the wilderness with her spurious son of the bondage, Ishmael; Tamar, who seduced Judah; Uriah's wife, seduced by David; Rahab the harlot; Jezebel; Mary Magdalene; and Aholah and her sister Aholibah of Ezekiel (23), the second being described as more wanton in her whoring with the princes of Babylon and Egypt than the first, are examples of this typing. They either were cast out or had "evil" elements cast out of them. MARY MAGDALENE

There is proof enough in the very fact that the ancient seers were poets and allegorists, and not historians. Practically conclusive evidence that Bible names are not objective or historical (in the first place) is to be found in the fact that there are in the Bible some scores of allusions to such local names as Egypt, Jerusalem, Nineveh, Babylon, Tyre, Sidon, Gilead, Assyria, Galilee, Ethiopia and others which, if taken in the earthly geographical sense, yield no intelligible meaning whatever. Further evidence is to be found in the notable fact that the divisions and localities on mundane maps do in the main largely match the celestial features. Charts of the "Holy Land of Canaan" have been
84​
found extant in early Egypt as much as three hundred years before the alleged Israelite exodus, whence it is to be presumed that this promised land of peace and plenty was allegorical before it was historical. Massey states that an entablature on the wall of an Egyptian temple bore a list of some hundred and twenty place names afterwards localized in Palestine, at a date at least one hundred and fifty years before there could possibly have been an exodus of Israelites from Egypt. It requires little "proof" to ascertain that "Egypt" as used throughout the Bible has the meaning of the lower self or animal-human personality, indeed the physical body of man itself. Jerusalem means the "holy city" or the heavenly realms, which are in consciousness, not on the maphttp://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm

The Book of Revelation, Massey contends, is the drama of the astrological mysteries and has been mistaken for human history; and the mythical aeonial cataclysm at the end of the cycle has been misread into the catastrophic "end of the world." Revelation, he goes on, has been commonly assumed to constitute a historic link between the Old Testament and the New.Who is this

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I can respond to your post they only way I can. There is no free will to give away. I did not choose to reply to your post. I replied because it is my nature.

Yes but why did you choose not to begin with a Y?
What in your nature prevented it?

I myself have a contrary nature and am just wondering.

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Not once have we discussed nor even mentioned the first and only law contemplated by the ancients and that is Natural Law sir. Neither Gods nor mans laws can ever eclipse the laws of physics. That was the original power and subject being explored charted and explained by the old mystery schools, the origin of all religion is the study of physics. Natural law rules all.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

No argument my friend.

The bible even tells followers to seek God in nature yet those fools look to a book of myths and think God lives there.

I have looked at nature and see that we are all the best that we can be at this point in time.
Is that also your conclusion?
Are we in a sense evolving perfection?
If you do not like that term then are we living in the best of all possible worlds as the best that we can be given all the conditions at hand?

I like to use the term evolving perfection. Otherwise, a perfect Godbecomes a stagnant pool of information and our souls and consciousness would beuseless to the universe.

Evolving, the perfection of whatever God was, to whatever God will be,means we have to think this way.

Unless you see God as somehow losing his initial perfection.

This is not allowed in a perfect God’s repertoire.

When this was written, most thought it to just be a cynical view of lifebut I think it is quite true and irrefutable, based on the anthropic principleand pure logic.

What do you think?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as theyare; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily becreated for the best end.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPClzIsYxvA

This is done by nature and not a God but would be arequirement of a God if he were real.

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
[/font]

no argument my friend.

the bible even tells followers to seek god in nature yet those fools look to a book of myths and think god lives there.

i have looked at nature and see that we are all the best that we can be at this point in time.
is that also your conclusion?
are we in a sense evolving perfection?
if you do not like that term then are we living in the best of all possible worlds as the best that we can be given all the conditions at hand?

i look to nature as well and we are what we are at this time.

i like to use the term evolving perfection. Otherwise, a perfect godbecomes a stagnant pool of information and our souls and consciousness would beuseless to the universe.
i agree," evolving perfection" further to that it is my understanding that if we lived in an ideal world that stagnation would stop evolution there must be polarity always reaching for harmony and balance, it is the reaching that is the lesson for advancement therefore evil is the enemy we should learn to love, lucifer is our light bringing friend.

evolving, the perfection of whatever god was, to whatever god will be,means we have to think this way.
if god is to evolve we are the mechanism (sentient organisms).

]unless you see god as somehow losing his initial perfection.

this is not allowed in a perfect god’s repertoire.

i can't see that at all.

when this was written, most thought it to just be a cynical view of lifebut i think it is quite true and irrefutable, based on the anthropic principleand pure logic.

What do you think?

Candide.

"it is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as theyare; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily becreated for the best end.”
i wonder if there might not be some specifications to allow variance of fit, you know tolerance on the fits.?

this is done by nature and not a godbut would be arequirement of a god if he were real.

right at this time in my personal evolution nature and god are one and the same.

regards
dl

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Please only the facts, you own demands.
An attempt at being a smartass is your reply? oh how witty :rolleyes:
Facts concerning myths and the beliefs in them, dimwit. Try sticking to the topic.

Yes but why did you choose not to begin with a Y?
I didn't choose. What popped into my head was what I wrote down. Like I said, people can only think they can choose stuff. What happens is that you choose what you choose because your DNA and whatnot won't allow you to choose any other way.
What in your nature prevented it?
Electrochemistry and DNA.

I myself have a contrary nature and am just wondering.

Regards
DL
Suit yourself.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
SUNGODS

By the aid of archaic sacred books we have been enabled to trace authentically the origin of the name Jesus. And it is of great importance to present this material, because it throws a flood of clear light upon the ancient conceptions of the Messiah and the coming Son, or Sun-god. In this light the name will be seen to be a type-designation and not the personal name of an historical being.
It is derived from the two letters (or numbers) which in the beginning of typology symbolized the two first elements, spirit and matter, into which the primal One Life bifurcated. They are the I (or 1) symboling the male or spirit, and the O (letter) or 0 (cipher) symboling the female or material universe. Together they represented the biune male-female deity. We have, then, the letters IO, or the number 10. As the vowels were freely interchanged, in ancient languages, the name was written either IO, IA, IE, or IU, and all these forms are found. Next the I transformed into consonantal value and became a J (as it is yet in Latin), so that we find the names JO, JA, JE and JU, from each of which many names have arisen. When the creation had combined the male and female and the two had given birth to the Son, or Logoic universe, the name was given the form of three letters, and we then find such forms as IAO, JAH, IEO, JEU, ZUE. When the universe became founded on the four cardinal points or the square of four dimensions, the name was spelled variously as IEOU, JOVE, ZEUS, JEVE, DIOS, T/HEOS, HUHI, IHUH and others. In its character as a sevenfold or seven-lettered name, it took the form of JEHOVAH, SABAOTH, DEBORAH, DELILAH, SEP/HIROT/H, MICHAEL, SOLOMON, and others of seven letters. The I permuted with l (el) or 1 (one), so that IE became LE or, inverted EL, the great Hebrew character of deity. The EL and the IAH (JAH), became the most frequent determinatives of divinity, as a host of names will testify. There are Bethel, Emanuel, Michael, Israel, Gabriel, Samuel, Abdiel, Uriel, Muriel Azazel, and many others, in which the EL is prefixed. The JAH is seen in such names as EliJAH, AbiJAH, while the IAH comes in a host of such names as Nehemiah, Jeremiah, Obediah, Hezekiah, Isaiah, Messiah, Alleluiah and more.
5​
But whence comes the "s" in Jesus's name? This is of great importance. It is derived from an Egyptian suffix written either SA, SE, SI, SU, or SAF, SEF, SIF or SUF (SAPH, SEPH, SIPH or SUPH) and meaning "the son," "heir," "prince" or successor to the father. (The F is an Egyptian ending for the masculine singular.) When the original symbol of divinity, IO or IE, JO or JE, was combined with the Egyptian suffix for the succeeding heir, SU or SA, the resultant was the name IUSA, IUSE, IUSU, or IOSE; or IESU, JESU, IUSEF, IOSEF, JOSEF. One of the many forms was JESU and another was JOSEF. The final F became sibilant at times and gave us the eventual form of JESUS. The name then meant the "divine son," and combined in the Egyptian IU the idea of the coming one. Hence JESUS was the Messiah, the coming son of the divine life. There was in Egypt for ten thousand years B.C. the character of this functionary under the name of IUSA. Later he was the Iu-em-hetep, which means "the divine son who comes with peace (hetep). But most interestingly, this last word also means seven. Hence Jesus is he who comes as the seventh principle to complete the six elementary powers of natural evolution with the gift of divine intelligence, which supplants the elementary chaos with the rulership of love and intelligence and thus brings peace into a warring situation. Hence finally, Jesus is the seventh cosmic principle, announced in all religious lore as he who comes to bring peace and good will to men. And as such he was announced in the Christian Gospels. But there was more than one Jesus or IUSA or IU before the coming of the alleged historical Jesus.
Startling as are the implications of this bit of etymology, a far more amazing denouement of Bible study is the revelation that not only were there over thirty Sun-god figures in the cults of the various nations of old, but there are immediately in the Bible itself, in the Old Testament, some twenty more Sun-god characters under the very name of Jesus! Are we speaking arrant nonsense or sober truth when we make a claim which seems at first sight so unsupportable? Twenty Jesus characters in the Old Testament! Let us see. We have noted the many variant forms of the Jesus name. There are still others in the Old Testament, never suspected as being related to the name of the Christian Redeemer. There are Isaac, Esau, Jesse, Jacob, Jeshu, Joachim, Joshua, Jonah and others. All these are variant forms of the one name, which has still other forms among the Hebrews in secular life, Yusuf, Yehoshua, Yeshu, etc. Joshua, Hosea and Jesse are from this name indisputably. A few might be the subject of controversy.

THE GREAT MYTH

1an

Apr 30, 2012
Sheffield, UK
It is for that reason Exodus 20 says this : -

"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
1an, didn't you say Ge:1 was a myth? That would make any exodus a myth, .... also as well as anything to do with 'the promised land'

That being said the ones being referenced in the words below are the children of the 'son of God' and that would make them the giants that remained alive after the flood. They became many so the wife of Shem was most likely a 6 fingered giant and the 6 fingered children married other 6 fingered children. The law that governed the fallen angels and their children and they were about to be exterminated to the last one. That is why the 10 Commandments came into being at that time and God gave His name so it was for a group rather than it being 'the God of Noah', or the 'God of Abraham'.

An attempt at being a smartass is your reply? oh how witty :rolleyes:
I get that way when dealing with prejudiced people such as yourself so get used to it, let alone letting it distract you from the important part of the posts.
Well you like to poke the 'fact stick' at people that believe the Bible without proof and then you launch into something based on "I think bla, bla, bla" and expect it to pass as the truth. Give me a ****ing break. Science cant even prove the big bang was a singular event or two black-hole meeting in a not so gentle blending and science still 'poofs all matter' into existence at the very beginning.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
1an, didn't you say Ge:1 was a myth? That would make any exodus a myth, .... also as well as anything to do with 'the promised land'
It is. They are. But there are believers and non-believers and never the twain shall meet. I feel comforted in the fact that you have a hobby that keeps you off the streets.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm already aware of your views on the matter Cliffy. Didn't we leave of that mankind gets to know good and evil and be alive in a garden just like the one in Eden making for a change but you don't seem to want to accept that Holy Angels see any changes in their conditions once they are perfected and in the new heaven which would make it the 3rd heaven.

M't:22:30:
For in the resurrection they neither marry,
nor are given in marriage,
but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Heb:12:22:
But ye are come unto mount Sion,
and unto the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,

Heb:12:23:
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn,
which are written in heaven,
and to God the Judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

2Co:12:2:
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago,
(whether in the body,
I cannot tell;
or whether out of the body,
I cannot tell:
God knoweth;)
such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Heaven is a state of mind not a place.

Back about 30 + years ago I came across a book called The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ written in the 1800s about the same time as the Book of Moron and the butchered JW version. It didn't catch on and start a new religion but it made a whole lot more sense than any bible I have come across.

Oh, and if there is no sex in heaven, it ain't heaven.