Don't dress like a *****...oops

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No i'm too f***ing ugly to go on a beach,i do not want to make others puke their lunch.

You need to deal with self image.
Do you consider this young man to be ugly.

Canadian Burn Foundation - Success Stories - Jacques

Jacques is an incredibly ambitious young man. In 2004 he was told he would be confined to a wheelchair and welfare for the rest of his life. Jacques was adopted in 2006 and now lives in Beverly Hills, California. He wears prosthesis on both legs and not only walks but also jogs with his adopted father. He is entering grade 12 in September 2008 with one of the highest averages in his class and is looking forward to a career in computer programming. Jacques is living proof that nothing is impossible for children who believe in themselves.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I get where you're coming from but....

Rape doesn't happen by accident. Just saying.
"Honest your Honour, I slipped and fell into her!"

"It wouldn't have happened if she was wearing a pantsuit, instead of a miniskirt and no panties".

"Just saying, your Honour".

I'm not trying to be a goon, but if you fear being raped, is there not something in ones own sense of self preservation that would dictate some commonsense?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

"It wouldn't have happened if she was wearing a pantsuit, instead of a miniskirt and no panties".

I'm not trying to be a goon, but if you fear being raped, is there not something in ones own sense of self preservation that would dictate some commonsense?
Yep, but it's still no excuse for rape.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yep, but it's still no excuse for rape.
Of course not.

And someone being dressed in a brown jacket with a brown hat with antlers on it, is still no excuse for shooting something other than a deer.

But an old adage comes to mind, "an ounce of prevention".

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Lock your doors, take self defense classes, carry guns, be ever alert. You can't live life as a perpetual victim if you don't follow all the rules. And the rules are ever changing, so make sure you check back with us on the news at 9 so you know what to fear.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

"If she would just stop burning the damned pot roast I wouldn't have to hit her so hard."

Define common sense. ;)

And yes, those with a sense for self preservation do use whatever weapons we have in our arsenal to mitigate the chances of assault. I just don't believe the choice between a skirt or slacks is one of them.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I like the idea of equating hunters with rapists. It's an interesting idea, I'm not sure it's valid, but if an avid hunter wants to equate himself to a rapist, I guess that's fine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One of the things that makes a woman a woman is her ability to turn heads. Both male and hetero female. This is personal opinion only but I've kinda noticed women love to compete with each other and judge each other. Guys tend to think they dress up like that for us but (to me) it is for the pride in being a head turner.

So guys, listen up. That LBD just may not be for your benefit or a cuet that you are going to get lucky because she decided to wear it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
One of the things that makes a woman a woman is her ability to turn heads. Both male and hetero female. This is personal opinion only but I've kinda noticed women love to compete with each other and judge each other. Guys tend to think they dress up like that for us but (to me) it is for the pride in being a head turner.

So guys, listen up. That LBD just may not be for your benefit or a cuet that you are going to get lucky because she decided to wear it.

On the flip side of that point... men are more virile, literally producing more sperm, when they think they have competition for their mate. So turning heads, drawing someone else's attention but your mates, actually serves as a benefit to them. :) Honest, I picked that guy up to spice up my love life... I was thinking about my marriage the whole time. ;)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was going to add something to that effect but was leary in doing so. LOL

On the other hand I know full when I'm paraded around as part of the LBD package in the competition and when it's just her desire to shine like the star she is on her own.

This knowledge has saved my ass from trouble far more times than I can count.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
And yes, those with a sense for self preservation do use whatever weapons we have in our arsenal to mitigate the chances of assault. I just don't believe the choice between a skirt or slacks is one of them.
I'm not sure it is either.

But removing catalysts is always a good idea.

I like the idea of equating hunters with rapists.
I'm sure you do. It's a shame that post was beyond your comprehension.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm not sure it is either.

But removing catalysts is always a good idea.

I don't agree that manner of dress is a catalyst. If a woman walks into a room filled with men who, under absolutely no circumstances, would ever commit a sexual assault and she is dressed provocatively, and another woman walks into another room filled with men who have the propensity to commit sexual assault but is dressed very demurely, which one is at greater risk?