Religion - Questions

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I prefer sage to cleans an area of negative energy or bad spirits. Incense make me sneeze. I've never had to exercise my computer. Its a Mac. It comes with built in protection.
LOL...

I like sage too. We have a variety of different smudge bundles. Cedar, for truth and honesty, sage, for strength and happiness, sweet grass, for kindness, and tobacco, for sharing.

I don't have anything that hasn't been bathed in smoke, lol.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And neither do I

This thread has turned into trolling, flame baiting, insults and all that it was not supposed to be. A quiet place to interchange questions on Religion.

Would it be possible to get back on the OP Thread Topic?

It would not be that difficult when you give it some thought.

Thank you

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This thread has turned into trolling, flame baiting, insults and all that it was not supposed to be. A quiet place to interchange questions on Religion.

Would it be possible to get back on the OP Thread Topic?

It would not be that difficult when you give it some thought.

Thank you
I apologize for my part Goober.

Sorry bru.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Post #6 had some replies to your various questions in the OP, anything in there worth commenting on?

I doubt the comment sent Cliffy running for the bathroom, perhaps he will verify it didn't cut him in half, he might have even smiled a bit.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Post #6 had some replies to your various questions in the OP, anything in there worth commenting on?

I doubt the comment sent Cliffy running for the bathroom, perhaps he will verify it didn't cut him in half, he might have even smiled a bit.
Well a couple of questions

I am divorced -

I am living with a woman who is divorced.

I believe in God and JC

So I guess I am out of luck - I will be punished for the life I am living as living in Sin, regardless of what I do.

Would that be correct?

Lastly - off to bed 03:30 comes much to early - Work time starts much to early for an old guy like me.

Good night to all and to all a good night.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well a couple of questions

I am divorced -

I believe in God and JC

So I guess I am out of luck - I will be punished for the life I am living as living in Sin, regardless of what I do.

Would that be correct?

Lastly - off to bed 03:30 comes much to early - Work time starts much to early for an old guy like me.

Good night to all and to all a good night.

That would be incorrect, but I'm sure the likes of mhz and herald have other ideas. Luckily they are not the ones you have to be concerned with.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I am divorced -
I believe in God and JC
Would that be correct?
Depends, some divorces are 'legal' with God, even if this verse doesn't absolve both of you that doesn't elevate you to the top of the punishment list. If both of you were divorced because your spouce was cheating then the divorce is approved.

M't.5:31
It hath been said,
Whosoever shall put away his wife,
let him give her a writing of divorcement:
M't.5:32
But I say unto you,
That whosoever shall put away his wife,
saving for the cause of fornication,
causeth her to commit adultery:
and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

This verse below wasn't carried over to the Gentiles, but it does show that a 2nd marriage is possible. (having more than one wife in the OT was allowed but that also wasn't carried over. Unless you are running a brothel or visiting one you qualify as a fornicator. Read the references for yourself, or better yet with your wife and try not to introduce stress when there is no valid reason.

Le.21:14
A widow,
or a divorced woman,
or profane,
or an harlot,
these shall he not take:
but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.

Let's say one or both of you was the cheater, grace is still available and that gift is given to everybody equally across the board.
Rather than give you some of the longer passagesd try reading Roman 13 to get what Jesus calls evil. 1Pe:4:12-19 is about our duties during the years Revelation covers but once you read it you will find that those instruction have been there for everybody the whole time. If you still have the energy and still have doubts the try reading all 7 letters to the 7 Churches and see if something in there applies to marriage. I don't remember anything that pointed to that but you might be able to see which relationship best describes your current condition.

For you own info, I would have been in the hot and cold one some years years back, as your relationship with God changes so does what Church you belong to.

That would be incorrect,
Rather than just slander me, and others, why not explain why your answer is correct. It's post #228 and this is your first reply to the actual question, why not do all of them in one post, just to show how ****ed up my replies are, that really is the best way to put me in my place
Perhaps you are infected with the very syndrome you say I have.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Would that be correct?

Nope. Athe, the Goddess of Denial, is indifferent to everyone whether they be sinners or saints. Take heart for there is no punishment in afterlife. Your fate is the negligence of oblivion.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Take heart for there is no punishment in afterlife.
Tasting death does cover more sins than grace, but your version has death as a one-way ticket, that would seem to be an eternal punishment. God at least pulls everybody inside where it is safe before the lake is a viable destination and that really is eternal punishment, that is why only fallen angels are sent there.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Tasting death does cover more sins than grace, but your version has death as a one-way ticket, that would seem to be an eternal punishment.

It's not a punishment if you're not around to experience it. It's exactly the same experience as before you were born. Were we all being punished before our birth?

Of course not. And why would Athe punish us? The Goddess is Omni-Indifferent.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Goddess is Omni-Indifferent.
Apparently if they hold power over life and death and they choose to let person live for 100 years and and then eternity in the grave. With God no matter how much sin we do while alive for the 100 years that does not stop Him from bringing everybody back from death.

The Bible says man is a living soul because we have dust and the breath of life. That breath came from God and memories were 'left behind' (although very young children can say some very insightful things on rare occasions). When we die that same breath goes back to God but no memories go with it. That same dust and breath come back together, for believers (the list is given in Re.20:4) that is the day of His return, some 1,000 years later (one day as far as God is concerned so 2nd place is not a far distance from 1st place when it comes to gathering people) Everybody else is resurrected for the Great White Throne event. All those are free of sin as they have 'paid the price God required' and they are just as welcomed as the 1st group were. Yes we do get a review of the sins we made but it is a one-time deal and the issues are never mentioned or thought of again.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I've only gotten through 5 pages of this thread before I had enough. The thread has derailed on more than one occasion and it seems that trolling was the main reasoning behind it.

Lets get back to the original topic.

I honestly hope that people here realize you can't have things both ways. To make generalizations and bash others in threads that contain topics you don't agree with and then cry foul when it happens in threads that you do believe in smacks of hypocrisy.

Gerry, I get what you're saying here, but I hope your mentioning of upcoming November 11th threads was just to prove a point.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not sure what the exact stats are but I think it safe to say that self proclaimed Christians make up about one third of the human population. A considerable number of them have not read the bible to any degree and rely on priests and minister to tell them what it says. My question is, if you have a different belief system, are you doomed? Is your god so insecure that he has to resort to extortion and threats to get his way?

I think the truth is that you will experience exactly what you expect to happen when you die. But, after a while you will come to understand something completely different and move on from there. If you believe in an eternal soul, where was it before you were born? Does it make sense that one trip through the physical realm is enough to figure out what it is all about?

In my world, this physical realm is a school of sorts where we come to spiritually evolve. There is no judgment at the end of "life" because our bodies are just vehicles. They break down and die but the essence, the spark that animates the vehicle is the eternal part. It will continue its journey home. If that means it has to come back to the physical realm, then it does and if it moves on to a higher plane, it does. But the decision as to where you go is up to you (your Soul or higher self.) If there is a creator that caused all this to be set in motion, then it is too busy running the Universe to have time to be concerned with your petty beliefs, wants and deeds.

The bible was written by men. It may have some historical and spiritual value but it is not the end all and be all of spiritual guidebooks. Life is a journey, not a destination. Each one of us on this journey knows when they are on or off the path we have set for ourselves. Nobody has a right to tell you where to go or how to get there.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Apparently if they hold power over life and death and they choose to let person live for 100 years and and then eternity in the grave.

The Goddess Athe does not choose to let a person live or choose to let a person die. She is indifferent to your fate and has no part in it save perhaps her neglect of it.

Everybody else is resurrected for the Great White Throne event.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
If God created us all in his image, how come we all look so different? And Yes, we all have noticed your resemblance to the porcelain god you glorify.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If God created us all in his image, how come we all look so different? And Yes, we all have noticed your resemblance to the porcelain god you glorify.

You have to remember that most of this stuff was written by uneducated peasants and it may be possible image was a misprint for imagination.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I douby many here even know it was image and likeness, that is two qualities, since you only asked about one you get one answer. The part you are referencing is a general statement about our hands and feet and face, 5 fingers on each hand, 5 toes on each foot, the face two eyes a nose and a mouth.

That was her god's throne, the one we pass to get to the new earth is somewhat different. Nice to see she has the one she can sit backwards on id she is a bit tired and needs to rest her head.

You have to remember that most of this stuff was written by uneducated peasants and it may be possible image was a misprint for imagination.
Did the uneducated ones do something you can't figure out, that would make them (at least) one level above your pay grade.