CBC just lost some of my support!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Well, so I was looking at the 2010 Christmas Holiday Lineup for TV and I noticed that for the first time that I can remember, they are not showing the Classic "It's a Wonderful Life" On Christmas Eve this year.

like who at CBC decided that us viewers were tired of it?

that's just stupid..

what did they put in it's place? the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th st. the redo version.. the one I don't watch!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
some people do it.

not everyone has family over or goes to party.

So why leave it to someone else's whim as to what you watch? Rent or buy the DVD version, make it your gift to the family. Or, it's likely that they're not playing it because some other network is.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
some people do it.

not everyone has family over or goes to party.

Alternatives to watching old movies on Christmas eve:
1. Deliver Christmas hampers for a local charity.
2. Drive partygoers home
3. Join a group of carolers.
4. Go to Christmas-eve services
5. Write a letter thanking the CBC to force you to use your imagination to pursue alternate activities.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
1. Deliver Christmas hampers for a local charity. - I don't live in Edmonton so I don't have that
2. Drive partygoers home - not my idea of Christmas Eve
3. Join a group of carolers. - don't know people who do that.
4. Go to Christmas-eve services - I don't go to Mass.
5. Write a letter thanking the CBC to force you to use your imagination to pursue alternate activities - ya right

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
1. Deliver Christmas hampers for a local charity. - I don't live in Edmonton so I don't have that
2. Drive partygoers home - not my idea of Christmas Eve
3. Join a group of carolers. - don't know people who do that.
4. Go to Christmas-eve services - I don't go to Mass.
5. Write a letter thanking the CBC to force you to use your imagination to pursue alternate activities - ya right

Chili, every last town in Alberta has charities that deliver food for Christmas. Poor folk don't live just in E town.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Christmas Eve to me, is a night to relax and watch TV or have some nice home made snacks, some nice food. if its warm, i'll go out with the dogs on a walk!,

Have you checked to see if other networks are carrying the show you want that night?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Why can't he just enjoy his TV if that's his tradition. Nothing wrong with that.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
After we get finished "frying the turkey"......;-)........we're goin out to sing some carols. If we can still walk.

Used to enjoy the older version of "A Christmas Carol" with Alister Simms, but haven't seen it in a few years. That might be the only thing to get us to watch TV on Christmas Eve.

Also, How the Grinch stole Christmas, etc. was 'have to see' fare.

We used to have about 30 people at my mother-in-laws, over Christmas, with a bunch of singing, eating, drinking, taking the kids back on the snow machines to skate on a pond in the swamp, etc. T'was the very best of times.

Fukk the CBC. (back on topic)