A republic? Never! Britain’s quiet monarchy will continue to endure

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I somehow doubt that a poodle would be just as capable of carrying out the intense schedule of events and ceremonies that are demanded of The Queen, and all of the representatives thereof.
A robot could, though. There are robots that look a bit like dogs.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
And we have housing projects and welfare. There are welfare agents, housing maintenence, cops, all sorts of money generated from keeping people on welfare and in government housing. Lots of jobs.

Something like that except those people that are employed by the Queen aren't crack dealers like you Americans are used to. Sorry. It just isn't the same.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Rumour has it, that the Queen has never spent a penny of her private salary, one reason why her personal wealth made it up to 900 mil over the years. I dunno, maybe she is too proud to spend welfare's money.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Something like that except those people that are employed by the Queen aren't crack dealers like you Americans are used to. Sorry. It just isn't the same.

Similiar.

Canada is crack free today? Good for you guys... I hadn't heard.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
EagleSmack:

In countries that have both a president and a prime minister, does the president not deserve a salary for performing the functions of a head of State?

Reactions: Johnnny

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
I got a reddie for this post, and by who its no ones business

But to be honestly Blackleaf i dont care about britian if i did i would log onto a british forum, and kick them in the knackers

British forums are a little more leanient as far as bashing goes, a little more friendly I think. Might be some sick and twisted humour though, for some reason they welcome critisism.

Canadian forums are too quick to judge, and American-U.S. forums will ban you in a second if it's not all about in favour of American glory.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Similiar.

Canada is crack free today? Good for you guys... I hadn't heard.

Very funny. You guys send us all the crack we need. I hope we are sending you guys enough ecstasy and marijuana? :cool:

But really, the people in the employ of the Queen are most likely checked for drugs. :-? Duh.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
EagleSmack:

In countries that have both a president and a prime minister, does the president not deserve a salary for performing the functions of a head of State?

To be quite honest I do not know the functions of these countries and how their govt. works so I cannot comment.

But hey...you're her "loyal subject" not me. Someday you'll be King Charles's "loyal subject". If you enjoy being a "subject" then all the power to you.

How did she get the job anyway? She must have really worked hard to get to that position.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Very funny. You guys send us all the crack we need. I hope we are sending you guys enough ecstasy and marijuana? :cool:

But really, the people in the employ of the Queen are most likely checked for drugs. :-? Duh.

Ohhhh... I doubt the Royal Rascals get their Royal Urine checked monthly.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
To be quite honest I do not know the functions of these countries and how their govt. works so I cannot comment.

But hey...you're her "loyal subject" not me. Someday you'll be King Charles's "loyal subject". If you enjoy being a "subject" then all the power to you.

How did she get the job anyway? She must have really worked hard to get to that position.

You have to look up King George I and how the George's conquered England from Germany.

Then it goes on to George V, VI and how Edward VIII abdicated for an American Wallis Simpson marriage which made his brother acquire the throne who had no sons, only a daughter which is Queen Elizabeth.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
A republic? Never! Britain’s quiet monarchy will continue to endure

Yup. Mired deeply in antiquity. lol

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I’m not sure what it is that your question is looking for, theconqueror?

I would think it would just be called whatever the new or interim system of government is (for example, a republic).

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
I’m not sure what it is that your question is looking for, theconqueror?

I would think it would just be called whatever the new or interim system of government is (for example, a republic).

Ahh nevermind, it has a term like dissoulution or something when a monarchy is in pergatory or gets overthrown. I think it's a D word but I can't find it. O well.....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Perhaps you didn’t actually read a word of what’s up there, DurkaDurka.

The constitutional monarchy in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (and for the other Commonwealth Realms as well, of course) hasn’t been an absolute monarchy in decades; our Commonwealth Realms are governed by the democratic voices of the people, with the relationship between the Sovereign and subjects adding an additional guarantee of democratic government for our benefit.

we havn't had democratic, ever, what we have is a democracy of money for its benefit

ps: fornicate the monarchy absolutely

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Ahh nevermind, it has a term like dissoulution or something when a monarchy is in pergatory or gets overthrown. I think it's a D word but I can't find it. O well.....

In the United Kingdom, they called the time in between the overthrow of the monarchy, and its subsequent restoration, as “the Interregnum”.