And some people say all Muslims are intolerant...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I don't think it's ones religion that makes one intolerant.

If it were then Athiests would be the most tolerant of people. And I'm sure we've all run into non tolerant athiests too.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Bahais claim to be pacifists but history shows that they were loyal to the fascist shah (who was imposed by a Republican financed revolution) and were the majority of his bodyguards.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In canada muslims most of the time are tolerant and follow our rules, cause they want to live here without trouble

In islamic countries muslims are intolerant of you breaking there traditions, but understand that as a foreigner you sometimes just dont know, and its not your fault if you break a tradition

Yes our liberals bend over backwards for them, but there are islamic countries that bend over for the west also

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
In canada muslims most of the time are tolerant and follow our rules, cause they want to live here without trouble

In islamic countries muslims are intolerant of you breaking there traditions, but understand that as a foreigner you sometimes just dont know, and its not your fault if you break a tradition

Yes our liberals bend over backwards for them, but there are islamic countries that bend over for the west also

As with alot of religions there is that 10% frinnge, fundamentalist, radicals whether it be Christian, Muslim or Aminism who have a deranged concept of what is right and wrong

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Gopher, before you make such offensive claims against any group, you should be able to back up those claims or at least retract them.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Thanks. Yet another example of how not all Muslims are so intolerant. Again, the professionals referred to in this article are not Baha'is themselves, and I can't immagine that they have anything to gain from standing up in defence of Baha'is. In fact, if anything, they're likely to attract more criticism and ridicule for this. So clearly, contrary to popular opinion it would seem, some Muslims are true Muslims, prepared not just to do good for their fellow man, but even to stick their neck out for him. We need to make the public more aware of these Muslims.

With all the anti-Muslim publicity, it's nice to see that Muslims are getting some positive publicity on CNN. These Muslims should be commended as true role models for the future generation of Muslims.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
It isn't that these people are being true Muslims, remember Muhammad killed hundreds of Jews, it is that these people are being human and once again demonstrate that human nature is the origin of morality not religion.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The Bahia Faith is a sect of Islam and seeks to impose a world theocracy. They actually seek world domination. Again, like all religion, it was founded by a lunatic and is filled with the standard insanities, wish thinking and plagiarisms you would expect from such a thing.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The Bahia Faith is a sect of Islam.

It began as a sect of Islam just as the Christian Faith began as a sect of Judaism. And just like the Christian Faith, it's now become an independent religion that requires procelytism of its adherents but prohibits aggressive procelitism, which would suggest that any world domination from this Faith would need to be voluntary on the part of the peoples of the world.

Now just for the sake of argument, even if the Baha'is were a sect, that still wouldn't change the fact that they have a right to freedom from persecution.
And even if Muhammad had killed those Jews unjustly, it still wouldn't change the fact that not all Muslims are fanatics as some Media like to portray.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
They actually seek world domination. Again, like all religion, it was founded by a lunatic and is filled with the standard insanities, wish thinking and plagiarisms you would expect from such a thing.

I've read a number of sacred texts from various world religions, and though some of their social teachings are outdated, they were still progressive in their time.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
''Some info for you on the Baha’i faith ''

Local Bahais tried to recruit me to their religion. I had a debate with three of their teachers (one of whom is a distinguished college professor) and if you don't mind the personal boast, I whipped their butts in public.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
''Gopher, before you make such offensive claims against any group, you should be able to back up those claims or at least retract them. ''

Look at my links. Don't fret because, as always, I back up what I say.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I've read a number of sacred texts from various world religions, and though some of their social teachings are outdated, they were still progressive in their time.

The Bahia "teachings" are almost all plagiarisms.