And some people say all Muslims are intolerant...

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

''he explicitely disclosed that he was happy to see them in important posts because they did not conspire against him.''

You are aware of the fact that he over threw a democratically elected government and that he killed anyone who dared dissent against him just like Saddam. If Bahais were progressives, they would have promoted democracy, not fascism.

There's a difference between promotion and non-involvement. And these 'important posts' are not clearly defined either. Ministry of Education? What?

gopher
''What? ''

As I wrote above, their involvement with SAWAK -- the fascist shah's bodyguards.

Machjo
When were they ever involved with SAWAK. Their only involvement with SAWAK would be on the receiving end of SAWAK's spying on them.

Machjo
By the way, how did this thread end up being about the Baha'is. My intention in th eOP was simply to point out that contrary to public opinion, not all Muslims are hatemongers, and that some will stick their heads out for others of different religions with no thought for their own benefit.

gopher
You obviously do not know the issues dealing with the shah and his fascism.

gopher
''The Bahia Faith is a sect of Islam and seeks to impose a world theocracy. They actually seek world domination.''

They are not a branch of Islam. But interestingly, they claim their Bahauallah is the returned Messiah. But when I asked for miracles and other forms of proof, they balked.

Machjo

You obviously do not know the issues dealing with the shah and his fascism.

First off, I'd say fascist is a stong word. Near the end of his reign, he did run it in a semi-fascist manner without a doubt, but rather than kill his opposition he'd either impreison it or exile it. He also advanced the role of women. I'm not excusing his fascist behavriour, but simply pointing out that you're simplifying things there.

And again, non-involvement beyond one's profession doesnot constitute support for the regime.

gopher
Once again, Mosaddeq was democratically elected and there were no elections during the years he was under arrest. There were bloody riots in which the fascist SAVAK backed up by the CIA killed hundreds if not thousands of pro democracy protestors (the government never admitted to the actual numbers).

You need to research this matter in order for you to have more understanding of the subject.

RanchHand
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

In canada muslims most of the time are tolerant and follow our rules, cause they want to live here without trouble

In islamic countries muslims are intolerant of you breaking there traditions, but understand that as a foreigner you sometimes just dont know, and its not your fault if you break a tradition

Yes our liberals bend over backwards for them, but there are islamic countries that bend over for the west also

Whcih Islamic countries bend over backwards for the West? Which Islamic countries 'go the extra mile' for the West?

Scott Free

''The Bahia Faith is a sect of Islam and seeks to impose a world theocracy. They actually seek world domination.''

They are not a branch of Islam. But interestingly, they claim their Bahauallah is the returned Messiah. But when I asked for miracles and other forms of proof, they balked.

He forbid anyone from talking about his miracles. Interestingly not only did his followers heed this command but also his enemies and general people he came in contact with. Strange that...

He did boast about threatening to make a river reverse its coarse if the person he was talking to returned the next day but he admitted he did that because he knew the guy he threatened wouldn't come back. That doesn't sound much like a miracle to me.

Here is his passport photo (Just in case you ever wondered what the face of god looked like)

CanadianLove
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

Here is his passport photo (Just in case you ever wondered what the face of god looked like)

I saw a guy looed like him at the last christmas party. Different lamp shade through. He was yelling, "STOP TALKING ABOUT ME!" Do you think I work with the Messiah.

Scott Free
This is funny too.

Bahia's put this sign in their homes. It is called the greatest name but you'll notice it says evil?

I guess god is a moron.
Last edited by Scott Free; Mar 15th, 2009 at 09:40 AM..

grainfedpraiboy
Muslims themselves are not intolerant and most on a personal level are little different then anyone else in the world.

What distinguishes most Muslims from Westerners (excluding Asian or course) is adherence to an extremely rigid religion almost fanatically followed and mixed with a Bedouin culture of violence and aggression.

The Muslims I am impressed with are people like the German politician Ekin Deligoz when she told her fellow Muslims to liberate themselves from the Hajib and had to be put under 24hr protection after a Fatwa was issued against her or Deeyah (the Muslim Madonna) who stripped off a burka to reveal a bikini in a video and has been under a death watch since but continues to champion basic rights for Muslim women in spite of the death threats/attempts.

These women (and 100s of others) have more balls then most of the men I know and prove that Muslims are not necessarily intolerant but that a Liberal philosophy of accommodation and appeasement in our culture does little more then create a climate that perpetuates and fosters the behaviour here.

L Gilbert
I am atheist and intolerant (meanness, warmongering, greed, people that prefer to remain ignorant about certain things, etc.). Everyone has things and issues they don't tolerate. Big deal.