MS/Giant Anti-Spyware beta released

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
I'm thinking that Microsoft only interest for all this is , because of the large dollars sign , the billions of dollars that are being made from anti-virus/spyware programs , So why wouldn't they like to get their teeth into that too , beside there is always going to be free programs out there and the power of Microsoft should change the price of the paid type version too , So I myself like the idea what Microsoft is going to do , Though I'm not that big of a fan of Microsoft ... Also I believe because of the power Microsoft has its going to make those other browser companies work harder to make their browser that much better and I think they will too ... Who knows I could be totally wrong but it sure going to get interesting in the near future ...

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
I'm thinking that Microsoft only interest for all this is , because of the large dollars sign , the billions of dollars that are being made from anti-virus/spyware programs , So why wouldn't they like to get their teeth into that too , beside there is always going to be free programs out there and the power of Microsoft should change the price of the paid type version too , So I myself like the idea what Microsoft is going to do , Though I'm not that big of a fan of Microsoft ... Also I believe because of the power Microsoft has its going to make those other browser companies work harder to make their browser that much better and I think they will too ... Who knows I could be totally wrong but it sure going to get interesting in the near future ...

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Microsoft agenda is to get us and force us to use only their products. They want to put outfits like adaware out of business so they can monopolize and charge a huge fee for the services.

The fewer of Bill Gates crap on my computer the better.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Microsoft agenda is to get us and force us to use only their products. They want to put outfits like adaware out of business so they can monopolize and charge a huge fee for the services.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Judland said:
Well, it's been about three years since I've freed our household of Microsoft and we're still here... and a lot less frustrated, too.

So, I guess it can be done and with positive results. :D

I know you use Linux. Do most programs/downloads/ work well with linux? Can one use quicktime with Linux?

I downloaded one version of Linux and I have it on disk and I just want to make sure AVG/Quicktime and a few others will function.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Judland said:
Well, it's been about three years since I've freed our household of Microsoft and we're still here... and a lot less frustrated, too.

I know you use Linux. Do most programs/downloads/ work well with linux? Can one use quicktime with Linux?

I downloaded one version of Linux and I have it on disk and I just want to make sure AVG/Quicktime and a few others will function.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Judland said:

Judland

Electoral Member
As with any operating system, software written for particularly it works as it should.

Theoretically, software not written for Linux will not run under Linux. Just as MacIntosh software won't run under XP.

There are Linux alternatives that will play Quicktime formatted files, and there are even some formats (like Macromedia Flash, RealPlayer) that have full blown Linux counterparts of themselves.

For those applications that do not have a Linux version, you can use applications like Wine or CodeWeaver's Crossover product that act as a Linux go-between. They simulate a MS-Windows environment so your MS-Windows applications "think" that they're running under MS-Windows.

I don't believe Quicktime has a Linux version of itself (yet). You'd need to use an app. that can read Quicktime files, like MPlayer.

Judland

Electoral Member
As with any operating system, software written for particularly it works as it should.

Theoretically, software not written for Linux will not run under Linux. Just as MacIntosh software won't run under XP.

There are Linux alternatives that will play Quicktime formatted files, and there are even some formats (like Macromedia Flash, RealPlayer) that have full blown Linux counterparts of themselves.

For those applications that do not have a Linux version, you can use applications like Wine or CodeWeaver's Crossover product that act as a Linux go-between. They simulate a MS-Windows environment so your MS-Windows applications "think" that they're running under MS-Windows.

I don't believe Quicktime has a Linux version of itself (yet). You'd need to use an app. that can read Quicktime files, like MPlayer.

Judland

Electoral Member