TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011
This does not mean that whatever they choose is not unreasonable, illogical, backward, and just plain old stupid....

Clearly there is “a way of things”, “ a TRUTH of things”

A RIGHT and a WRONG choice.. This is not to say a GOOD or EVIL choice..

In the grand scheme of things there cannot be GOOD or EVIL.. there can only be RIGHT and WRONG..

Good and evil are merely a matter of opinion, determined ONLY relatively according to your chosen objectives..

Right and Wrong are a matter of FACT, determined by the objective truth relative to your chosen objective..

The truth is, some objectives are contrary to others, irrelevant of whether those objectives are yours alone or if one objective is yours and the other belongs to another..

In any case, contrary objectives CANNOT be accomplished...

If God is out there, somewhere, impotent and useless and helpless then what GOOD is HE..

If God is TRUTH then God is everywhere and is ALMIGHTY and is USEFULL and is GOOD..

And is THAT which is MOST VALUABLE..
And is THAT which is MOST WORTH-y of SEEKING..
And is THAT which is FOUND through FAITH..
And is THAT which is the Alpha and Omega...
And is that which “IS what it IS”

Oh TRUTH why are YOU?

I am THAT I am..

Oh TRUTH what are YOU?

I am the ALMIGHTY, the creator of ALL THINGS?

Oh TRUTH how can I find you..

Seek rightness, by FAITH

From FAITH to FAITH the righteous shall LIVE..

Oh TRUTH what can you do for ME..

I am the substance of ALL that is GOOD and VALUABLE, I am the SOURCE of LIFE..

Oh TRUTH what is it to be ALIVE?

It is to be empowered to accomplish objectives..

Oh TRUTH how can I accomplish objectives..

Seek and you will FIND...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And if I seek and I find there is no god? or that god is female, or a multiple personality like the Hindu gods, or the Great Mystery of the aboriginal people? Or can we only find the truth in your god?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011
There is TRUTH, irrelevant of the fantasies that you perfer to ASSUME..

It is to ASSUME to KNOW ............What God is.............That is to be WRONG..

It is to ASSUME to KNOW ............What TRUTH is.............That is to be WRONG..

One can KNOW what is TRUE, but CANNOT KNOW what TRUTH is..

Even if you're right, you do not know that you are, so to say that you know "What God is" is still a LIE....

God is TRUTH..

{Or can we only find the truth in your god?}

You can ONLY find TRUTH and LIES(period)

Everyone is free to do whatever they choose.
This does not mean that whatever they choose is not unreasonable, illogical, backward, and just plain old stupid....Clearly there is “a way of things”, “ a TRUTH of things”, A RIGHT and a WRONG choice.. This is not to say a GOOD or EVIL choice.. In the grand scheme of things there cannot be GOOD or EVIL.. there can only be RIGHT and WRONG..Good and evil are merely a matter of opinion, determined ONLY relatively according to your chosen objectives.. Right and Wrong are a matter of FACT, determined by the objective truth relative to your chosen objective.. The truth is, some objectives are contrary to others, irrelevant of whether those objectives are yours alone or if one objective is yours and the other belongs to another..

......In any case, contrary objectives CANNOT be accomplished...
A House that stands against itself, CANNOT stand..

But I CAN..

I am NOT religious, the religious are LIKE this...

They believe to have FAITH.. is to believe as a TRUTH, that which CANNOT or at least IS NOT, KNOWN...
Thus FAITH in the religious view is exactly the same as PRESUMPUOUSNESS..

My view is precisely the exact opposite.. ANTI-PRESUMPUOUSNESS..

To assume NOTHING, scientific minded people are in comparison to me, as PRESUMPUOUS and dogmatic as the religious..

It is YOU are are the PRESUMPUOUS dogmatic religious fundamentalist..

They believe that righteousness is MORALITY, and that one is OBLIGATED to act morally in order to earn deservingness in the eyes of an invisible being that does NOT reveal Himself, and is NOT REAL in any natural sense....

My view is precisely the exact opposite.. righteousness is to be CORRECT, to be empowered to CORRECTLY recognize and realize the FACTS of LIFE as they truly are.. and further I recognize that in the grand scheme of things any concept of MORALITY is UTTERLY FALSE, and an utter illusion..

They believe that one should blindly except the irrelevant (opinions) interpretations of religious texts, and believe them as the ABSOLUTE authority of an UNREAL invisible being..

My view is precisely the exact opposite.. I believe ONLY what I can realize as CLEALY and OBSERVABLY TRUE for myself, and reject ALL religious dogma.. If what I realize is similar to what is written in books or stated by others, is only indicating that THEY TO have realized what is CLEALY and OBSERVABLY TRUE...

{And if I seek and I find there is no god? or that god is female, or a multiple personality like the Hindu gods, or the Great Mystery of the aboriginal people? Or can we only find the truth in your god?}

Freedom of religion is BULL ****..

Terrorists have as much right to fly airplanes into buildings for the sake of being obedient to their God, as Christians have to “Love their their neighbors” for the sake of being obedient to their God.

Who shall dictate what other peoples Gods are allowed to require of their followers?

And for that matter, religion or not, what standard shall one inflict on another. Upon what foundation ought that standard be based...

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteous, for they will be filled..

Do you KNOW that God is REAL, and FAITH is REAL, and RIGHTOUSNESS is REAL..
Where is it?
Show it to ME, or SHUT UP and LISTEN..
If God is useless than why would you VALUE Him?
It is better to pluck out your eye and cast it into the FIRE then to let your whole body be cast into the FIRE...
Is this a TRUE and accurate statement or NOT?
If you could SEE then you would not even need to pluck out your eye...
What do you KNOW, and what DON'T YOU KNOW?
If it is distasteful to see, that my enemy is MORE RIGHT then me, ought I choose to DIE at his hands, for the sake of my own PRIDE...
It would be better to concede and suffer your ignorance, then to continue to believe in a LIE..
Is it better to BE RIGHT then to merely be of that opinion..
Is your confidence, your presumptuous eye, that desires your own RIGHTNESS over the TRUTH, that ought to be cast out..
Is your lustful desire for being an authority who is worshiped, greater then your desire to be TRUE to thine own-self...

If RIGHTOUSNESS is MORALITY

Then how can one be self-rightous?

If MORALITY is achived by FAITH, then what is FAITH?

If FAITH is believing in potential fantasies, then what is presumptuousness?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011
I think it make a lot of sense that people would BASH Christians.

Considering how presumptuous they are..

They themselves will not put up with others, who are as presumptuous as they are..

The only way to reasonably interpret the Bible, is to find in objective reality that which is most like what described in the Bible.. And then looking at what is KNOWN and TRUE, decipher the TRUE meaning of the words.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the TRUTH. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) ...

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Re: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteous, for they will be filled..

I have my belief , well I should say my theory of the moment as it tends to evolve. I choose to be called an aithiest because I am against the doctrins and dogma of any religion. I see what religion under currents are, but I rather choose to live and let live .....as long as I am not preached at , or that preaching tends to want to cut off peoples fundamental rights.

Unfortunately , I see this post as just like the preaching post . The intent is to be provacatuer in nature..... I've been there , seen it and done it. I'm done .

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Re: I think it make a lot of sense that people would BASH Christians.

Hmmm you seem more like a troll with a chip on his shoulder........ you are no better than those who you accuse when you go out of your way in this style.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

So, according to your way of thinking, logic and reasoning it is also OK to BASH Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Mormons and Wiccans.

And while we are in such a logical and tolerant mood as you seem to be, why not BASH with equal vigor Blacks, Natives, immigrants, gays and atheists?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Re: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteous, for they will be filled..

He who knows and knows he knows is wise, follow him.
He who knows and knows not he knows is confused, enlighten him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not is eager to learn, teach him.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a troll, ignore him for he is beyond help.

You, TheGuy firmly and undeniably belong in the last category.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

So, according to your way of thinking, logic and reasoning it is also OK to BASH Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, Mormons and Wiccans.

And while we are in such a logical and tolerant mood as you seem to be, why not BASH with equal vigor Blacks, Natives, immigrants, gays and atheists?

Actually no Yukon. You see if he bashes Muslims, Jews, Minorities, etc he would be villified. Christians are easy targets as they don't fight back.

The lad has no faith. And because he has no faith he does not want anyone else to have faith and mocks those that do.

He's taken the path of least resistance.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Considering how presumptuous they are..

They themselves will not put up with others, who are as presumptuous as they are..

The only way to reasonably interpret the Bible, is to find in objective reality that which is most like what described in the Bible.. And then looking at what is KNOWN and TRUE, decipher the TRUE meaning of the words.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the TRUTH. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) ...

It's easy to bash religion period.....not exclusive to Cristians.

As easy as bashing a teenager who still believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny.:lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And for that matter, religion or not, what standard shall one inflict on another. Upon what foundation ought that standard be based...
You are born with your own sense of right and wrong. It applies to you but you have no right to inflict your beliefs on anybody.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Anyone interested in learning how to use maximum number of words for minimum value of content, enroll in TheGuy's class of Irrelevance 101.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
a bunch of tricky words and fancy twisting to make it all sound important and intelligent.

when in reality it's just confusing and yet if you ask for clarification you get more of the above.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

If I lose my way somewhere between point A and point B does the point I get lost become point B and my final destination becomes point C?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Life isn't fair.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

It's people who call themselves Christians but in reality were only born to Christian parents but will rant and rave over somebody elses' beliefs are the ones who deserve bashing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

It's people who call themselves Christians but in reality were only born to Christian parents but will rant and rave over somebody elses' beliefs are the ones who deserve bashing.

To me a "Christian" is a person who first of all minds his/her own friggin' business and quietly goes about try to improve the lot of his/her fellow man without passing judgment. Salvation Army is a lot like that.