The Ku Klux Klan and Christianity

abitz
I was recently looking at the KKK's website and came across their membership requirements. The second requirement for membership application is to "profess faith in Jesus Christ as personal savior".

I don't understand how a group like the KKK does this. Their faith, something which seems is suppose to be held above everything else, seemingly conflicts with the rules and "dogma" of their organization.

I know I didn't really go anywhere with this, but could someone please expand on this?

Machjo
Sure. They don't bother actually reading the Bible, or at least reading it with an open mind. They start off with prejudices like 'the Christian faith is the White mans' religion' and then go from there to requiring their members to give Christ lip service.

Cliffy
Retarded white guys wearing sheets and hiding behind religion. They are insecure clowns with small dick syndrome getting together to support each other by building themselves up with a false sense of superiority. I have seen young chimpanzees act the same way.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Sure. They don't bother actually reading the Bible, or at least reading it with an open mind. They start off with prejudices like 'the Christian faith is the White mans' religion' and then go from there to requiring their members to give Christ lip service.

How do you give a dead guy a blow job?

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I'm not too sure, but, I'm willing to bet it would be easier to locate, and more palatable, than it would with any KKK member.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

You're such a literalist.

Lip service | Define Lip service at Dictionary.com (external - login to view)

abitz
I think what I'm wondering is, what scripture reference could they point to that would validate their organization?

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by abitzView Post

I think what I'm wondering is, what scripture reference could they point to that would validate their organization?

I don't think they're so concerned with the religious aspect of the Christian faith so much as the lip service behind it for cultural symbolic reasons. It's a racial thing. As they stereotype all Arabs as Muslim, and all Hebrews as Jews, etc. so they conclude all Europeans must be Christian. There is no logic in it, and it's certainly not based on the Bible. It's rooted rather in 'religious ethnicity'.

lone wolf

Awdamah... Somewhere I read it means "one who blushes" - and only they of light pigment show it.

newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg00831.html (external - login to view)

Really warped when one creates a whole Bible around one little phrase.

abitz
Maybe in the United States it is different, but I don't understand how they can refuse membership to a person who is not white. Wouldn't a Crown Prosecutor be all over that in Canada?

abitz
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Awdamah... Somewhere I read it means "one who blushes" - and only they of light pigment show it.

Re: What Color Was Adam? (external - login to view)

Really warped when one creates a whole Bible around one little phrase.

Thanks. This was essentially what I was looking for. Still dumb considering Jesus accepted everyone.

SirJosephPorter
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I donít think that is quite right, Machjo. They do read the Bible, but they read it selectively. And Bible says plenty of nasty things about many groups, such as homosexuals, witches, nonbelievers etc.

Thus Leviticus prescribes death penalty to homosexuals. Exodus exhorts Christians to kill witches (thou shalt not suffer a witch to live). Genesis tells a man that he is superior, he is the boss, that a woman is his inferior (Adam shall rule over Eve). Bible also tells KKK that blacks are inferior to whites (Curse of Ham).

Just as Mohammed Atta and 9/11 terrorists justified their action by selective reading of Koran; KKK can justify their actions by selective reading of the Bible.

CDNBear

I was recently looking at the KKK's website and came across their membership requirements. The second requirement for membership application is to "profess faith in Jesus Christ as personal savior".

I don't understand how a group like the KKK does this. Their faith, something which seems is suppose to be held above everything else, seemingly conflicts with the rules and "dogma" of their organization.

I know I didn't really go anywhere with this, but could someone please expand on this?

You should see the look on the face of a KKK member, when you tell him Jesus was a Jew!!!

wulfie68
The KKK is like most other extremist groups of any religious bent: they corrupt and selectively obey the tennets of the religion they claim to follow. If the KKK really believed in the message of Jesus (be he a man heading a good PR campaign or the son of a god), they would be a group that advocated love and acceptance of their fellow man.

Johnnny

They originated in the deep south and the bible thumpers are in the deep south, for the most part i guess the are reaching out to the locals ... They are just reaching out to the religous that harbour racist ideologies, kinda not much different in some ways to the NOI, mabye?

YukonJack
"Retarded white guys wearing sheets and hiding behind religion. They are insecure clowns with small dick syndrome getting together to support each other by building themselves up with a false sense of superiority. I have seen young chimpanzees act the same way."

Perfect description of Grand Wizard and currently the Dean of the United States Senate, Robert C.Byrd, whose 'best before' date was sometimes in the early 1950's.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

"Retarded white guys wearing sheets and hiding behind religion. They are insecure clowns with small dick syndrome getting together to support each other by building themselves up with a false sense of superiority. I have seen young chimpanzees act the same way."

Perfect description of Grand Wizard and currently the Dean of the United States Senate, Robert C.Byrd, whose 'best before' date was sometimes in the early 1950's.

I gather from your contempt that Byrd must be a Democrat.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You should see the look on the face of a KKK member, when you tell him Jesus was a Jew!!!

Even better, tell them he was a black jew.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Even better, tell them he was a black jew.

Your analogy is not far off in their eyes.... Aramaic and Arab are pea 1 and pea 2 in the same pod....

Johnnny
Jesus if he existed was more than likely a mix of or either of berber arab persian, or/and mabye a tad greek who knows type

but he wasnt no west african black or north european white character

Cliffy
Jack, your detailed knowledge of the workings of American politics borders on the obsessive. I don't think knowing every detail of the insanity of that country's politics is a prerequisite to forming an opinion. There is a lot of stuff that you have opinions on that you have no clue about.

abitz
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Thus Leviticus prescribes death penalty to homosexuals. Exodus exhorts Christians to kill witches (thou shalt not suffer a witch to live). Genesis tells a man that he is superior, he is the boss, that a woman is his inferior (Adam shall rule over Eve). Bible also tells KKK that blacks are inferior to whites (Curse of Ham).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything bad that seems to come from the Bible seems to come from the Old Testament. Toss 'er?

CDNBear

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everything bad that seems to come from the Bible seems to come from the Old Testament. Toss 'er?

You're barking up the wrong tree there abitz. SJP believes the Bible should be burned, period.

karrie

Christians are supposed to give the New Testament precedent as Christ formed a new covenant with his followers. Tossing the Old Testament shouldn't be necessary... the words of Christ himself negate the vast majority of it.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I'm not too sure, but, I'm willing to bet it would be easier to locate, and more palatable, than it would with any KKK member.

That'd be any male other than Soc the Geek and Gliberalman according to SPA. lmao We're all rabid, right-wing, and religious.

abitz
If the Old Testament is negated with Christ, then why even have it in the canon?

karrie

If the Old Testament is negated with Christ, then why even have it in the canon?

Why have any history in anything?

AnnaG

YAY! No history!! Awesome! (My worst subject in school was history)

abitz

That is not what I'm getting at. Having the Old Testament as a part of the bible means that it is the Word of God. Eliminating it from the bible simply means we don't recognize it as the Word of God.

Don't take me for some bible hater, I just don't like the Old Testament.

karrie

That is not what I'm getting at. Having the Old Testament as a part of the bible means that it is the Word of God. Eliminating it from the bible simply means we don't recognize it as the Word of God.

Don't take me for some bible hater, I just don't like the Old Testament.

So don't read it. I don't want to sound trite about it, but, you can only decide for yourself how to live your spirituality. Twisted people like the KKK will find ways to warp any religion to suit their agenda, no matter how many books you delete, or even if some get their wish and obliterate them all.