pope knocked down

spaminator
Pope Benedict XVI was caught by surprise Thursday night when a woman knocked him over at Christmas Eve mass.
The culprit jumped a barrier and pushed the Pope to the ground as he was walking down the aisle of St. Peterís Basilica.
Security officials rushed to his aid, but he appeared unhurt and continued with the service.
Celebrations began at 10pm, two hours earlier than the usual midnight. The change was made to spare the 82-year-old pontiff ahead of a busy holiday schedule.
The masses on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are scheduled to be televised in an estimated 73 countries.
pope knocked down
great security. they must have been trained by white house security.

AnnaG
Yahweh's fault. But he knew what he was doing and had everything planned to go the way it's going.

Nuggler
Good thing he wasn't knocked up.

mehhhhhh, might make him appreciate the case for abortion.

ya think?

MHz
Since it was by the same woman does that mean all future appearances will only be to pre-screened guests. His handlers should get him into the sun more oftem, kis face is the same color as the palms of his hands.

Pope Benedict XVI is knocked to the floor by 'mentally unstable' woman who jumped barrier at Midnight Mass | Mail Online

He probably also knew you would post those very words Anna.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Who? Popie? If he knew that, why couldn't he side-step some pushy person?

coldstream
She was more likely 'possessed' than 'mentally unstable'.. but the latter is the modern spin on things, having lost all sense of absolute and supernatural Good or Evil, and therefor everything becomes relative and psychological (materially conditioned)... but.. glad he wasn't hurt, ..
Last edited by coldstream; Dec 25th, 2009 at 03:44 PM..

lone wolf
Please don't become one of those idiots who step out of the woodwork every once in a while and puts another stigma on Mental Health....

Liberalman
With the Roman Catholics being plagued by sex abuse scandles dating back to the early 1900s by the clergy maybe this woman is a victim and is just trying to get the Pope to do something about it.

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

With the Roman Catholics being plagued by sex abuse scandles dating back to the early 1900s by the clergy maybe this woman is a victim and is just trying to get the Pope to do something about it.

Quote:

“These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where the See of Holy Peter and the Chair of Truth has been set up as the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered"

That's from a famous prayer by Leo XIII to the Archangel Michael.

Vatican 2's documents state the the Church of Christ subsists within the Catholic Church, revising previous Councils' 'is' to 'subsists', specifically to respond to the charge that Evil, which exists within the earthly parameters of the institution of the Church, has anything to do with its divine mission or constitution.

lone wolf

His history goes farther back. Wasn't he a Priest in Nazi Germany? Lotsa skeletons ... lotta closets....

Liberalman
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

His history goes farther back. Wasn't he a Priest in Nazi Germany? Lotsa skeletons ... lotta closets....

Everybody was a member of the Nazi party except the Jewish people they were the official scapegoats

gerryh

here we go again

lone wolf

Everybody was a member of the Nazi party except the Jewish people they were the official scapegoats

...and he was in a tough position to avoid turning cheeks. Who might be bearing scars and wanting some vengeance.

For that matter ... who might want to have his babies?

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

here we go again

Where ya goin? Can I come?

coldstream

I assume this to refer to the Veneration (one step short of Canonization or Sainthood) granted to Pius XII, the Pontiff during the Second World War.

A circumspect look at unadulterated history will show that he was a champion of all those being persecuted by Nazis during that period, calling on Catholic religious communities to harbour them, as well as being a vocal opponent of the tyranny and oppression of fascism.

The charges that he was sympathetic, or cowed into inaction, by the fascists was something that appeared in the 1960s, in virulent anti Catholic literature, and has no basis in fact, even though it has been accepted as such by the mainstream media.

The Real Story of Pius XII and the Jews
Last edited by coldstream; Dec 25th, 2009 at 04:22 PM..

Ron in Regina

Perhaps this will become a common sight with any public appearance
of the Pope, and these Dudes might alternate with every even numbered
Guard having an MP5, and the odd numbered Guards having those giant
can-opener looking things they occasionally carry.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Since it was by the same woman does that mean all future appearances will only be to pre-screened guests. His handlers should get him into the sun more oftem, kis face is the same color as the palms of his hands.

Pope Benedict XVI is knocked to the floor by 'mentally unstable' woman who jumped barrier at Midnight Mass | Mail Online

lol If it was actually omniscient. But why would it care? It doesn't seem to care about anything else on Earth.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

She was more likely 'possessed' than 'mentally unstable'.. but the latter is the modern spin on things, having lost all sense of absolute and supernatural Good or Evil, and therefor everything becomes relative and psychological (materially conditioned)... but.. glad he wasn't hurt, ..

roflmao
Yup, they aren't crazy, they are evil. People don't have chemical imbalances in their heads and other causes, they have demons. That's hilarious.

Spade
Better to be "knocked down" than "knocked up" or "knocked off."

YukonJack
For some people this will go down as the most uproariously funny event of 2009.

Pity the poor bastards.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

She was more likely 'possessed' than 'mentally unstable'.

Possession is nine-tenths of Canon Law.

Risus
I bet other people were knocked down on Thursday and it didn't make the news.

Spade

YouTube - Tubthumping I Get Knocked Down Lyrics

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by RisusView Post

I bet other people were knocked down on Thursday and it didn't make the news.

I bet those other people weren't the Pope...

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I bet those other people weren't the Pope...

Whats so special about the pope?

Ron in Regina

To me? Not much....but apparently he's newsworthy to many...and who am I to
knock anyone's faith?

gerryh

I'm curious...would you find someone knocking down Oabama newsworthy? or the British Prime Minister, the French President...............

MHz

Who? Popie? If he knew that, why couldn't he side-step some pushy person?

The bullet-proof car was about it for me, part of choosing the really old ones is they should not be afraid of death. He better not be making any policies no matter how lucid he might be, advancing the ones he likes is the best he can do for the sheep of the church.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Sorry, The Pope is the leader of far more people in this world than any other single person. What happens to his Holiness is of far more importance to many more people, whether you like it or not is irrelivant.

Sorry, the pope is just a man, no holiness about him. the pope and his 'church' is irrelivant.

L Gilbert
Actually the pope is an old man and deserves to be respected as one. He's seen a lot of things in his life and is a pretty wise old dood, if not smart enough to see the folly of religions.
That woman that knocked him down needs to be slapped upside the cheek. (Figuratively)