Return to Me

petros
#151
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Bullsh-t God isn't allowed in schools.
 
bluebyrd35
#152
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'm not convinced that the Almighty Spirit does ANY allowing!

Well, why not continue as that Spirit supposedly began?? Stuck the first couple of humans on earth with one demand.....Do not eat of a certain tree, then left. Why put that darn tree there to begin with??

I still lean towards that "All the world's a stage and we merely the players" that the Bard came up with in one of his plays.
 
JLM
#153
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Well, why not continue as that Spirit supposedly began?? Stuck the first couple of humans on earth with one demand.....Do not eat of a certain tree, then left. Why put that darn tree there to begin with??

I still lean towards that "All the world's a stage and we merely the players" that the Bard came up with in one of his plays.


As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII
 
Ludlow
#154
A wonderful Dean Martin tune.
 
bluebyrd35
#155
Yup that's the one. JLM What I have noticed over the years is that while many events and happenings seem to be accidental, there are those surprises that were implied through different means. In other words, the event or happening was not a surprise!! Anyway, in my world very few really horrid happenings were unexpected. Whereas, many of the lovely ones were. Denial or disbelief on my part?? Who knows. I am rarely surprised by the disasters, and only mildly surprised by the good ones.

That is how I feel today at this moment in time. Tomorrow who knows??
 
Motar
#156
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Well, why not continue as that Spirit supposedly began??

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (Genesis 1:2 NIV)
 
Ludlow
#157
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

Is that J or E Motar. ?
 
Motar
+1
#158
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Is that J or E Motar. ?

The Spirit of God infused the material world with spiritual life, continuing to do so to this day, LL.
 
Cliffy
#159
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (Genesis 1:2 NIV)

This is an impossibility as the Earth and the water had not been created yet and there he is floating over non-existent waters. One of the more silly quotes in the bible.
 
darkbeaver
#160
Water rules,it was and is

and will be forever

If therer's no water about you then you aint.
 
Ludlow
#161
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

This is an impossibility as the Earth and the water had not been created yet and there he is floating over non-existent waters. One of the more silly quotes in the bible.

Some of them are stories with a message. Because we wrote them they are flawed like us. But I guess if anyone draws some inner strength through a message or two, it can't be all bad
 
JLM
#162
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Yup that's the one. JLM What I have noticed over the years is that while many events and happenings seem to be accidental, there are those surprises that were implied through different means. In other words, the event or happening was not a surprise!! Anyway, in my world very few really horrid happenings were unexpected. Whereas, many of the lovely ones were. Denial or disbelief on my part?? Who knows. I am rarely surprised by the disasters, and only mildly surprised by the good ones.

That is how I feel today at this moment in time. Tomorrow who knows??


I'm a worrier by nature, but yet virtually every thing I've worried about for me and my loved ones, seldom comes to pass. Mind you I do kind of avoid the pitfalls that are killing others.................about 30 years ago I finally started learning from others' mistakes.................but I also know that won't last forever.
 
bluebyrd35
#163
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'm a worrier by nature, but yet virtually every thing I've worried about for me and my loved ones, seldom comes to pass. Mind you I do kind of avoid the pitfalls that are killing others.................about 30 years ago I finally started learning from others' mistakes.................but I also know that won't last forever.

I admit the lovely surprises were absolutely great, but the disasters were not ever within my control. In the end I was only ever in charge of my own destiny. I have learned that we cannot keep our loved ones safe and cannot extend our protection beyond ourselves.

I have come to understand that we do have destinies. Whether those destinies chosen by ourselves, based on what??? or by something as nebulous as "fate" or by an action/reaction universe, I have not discovered yet.
 
Motar
#164
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

This is an impossibility as the Earth and the water had not been created yet and there he is floating over non-existent waters.

"And God said, 'Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” (Genesis 1:6 NIV)
 
darkbeaver
#165
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Some of them are stories with a message. Because we wrote them they are flawed like us. But I guess if anyone draws some inner strength through a message or two, it can't be all bad

Genesis by Let There Be Light - On Genesis (external - login to view) ripping good read. All bad don't exist, positive and negative or the thing won't work.

Diesel engines can be operated on humans being injected into the combustion chamber. I'm about to file for patent. Also for the giant blenders.

The chronic late paying electro customers will be processed first.
 
Motar
#166
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

This is an impossibility as the Earth and the water had not been created yet and there he is floating over non-existent waters. One of the more silly quotes in the bible.

"And God said, 'Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.' And it was so." (Genesis 1:9 NIV)
 
Cliffy
#167
 

Similar Threads

8
Income tax return
by Walter | Mar 29th, 2008
2
THE RETURN OF WILL W.
by will-w.com | Feb 14th, 2005
no new posts