Christian Discussion (by levanty)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There must now be brought out an unrevealed significance of the fish symbol in the zodiac and in mythical religion. It is of astonishing import. Water is the type of natural birth because all natural birth proceeds in and from water. All first life originated in the sea water. The fish is a birth in and from the water, and it stands patently as the generic type of organic life issuing out of inorganic! The fish typifies life embodied in a physical organic structure. Organic life is born out of the water, and is the first birth, child of the water-mother. And if organic life is in turn to become mother, its child will be mind and spiritual consciousness, son of the fish-mother! In brief, water is the mother of natural physical being, and organic structure becomes the later mother of divine mind.
Now, strangely enough, water is the type of another thing which is still more germinal of life, namely, matter. Matter is the virgin mother of all life in the aboriginal genesis. All things are generated in the womb of primordial matter, the "old genetrix" of Egyptian mythology. And it is by a consideration of the nature of matter and its evolution
7​
that we are enabled to arrive at last at the true meaning of the double motherhood of life. For oddly enough, matter is seen to exist in two states, in each of which it becomes mother of life, at two different levels. Primordial matter, the sea of (to us) empty space, is the first mother of all living forms. This is the primal "abyss of the waters" in Genesis. The Latin word for "mother" is our very word "matter," with one "t" left out--mater. And how close to mater is water! And organic structure is the second mother, parent of spiritual mind.

http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This is directed towards everyone. The other thread was moved as it had gone from Christian Discussion to fighting amongst members. Also, the Members Lounge is only viewable for Members.

I will be pruning some posts from this thread, and editing the volatile title of the thread to 'Christian Discussion by levanty'. Who knows? Maybe it will elicit some discussion?:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is directed towards everyone. The other thread was moved as it had gone from Christian Discussion to fighting amongst members. Also, the Members Lounge is only viewable for Members.

I will be pruning some posts from this thread, and editing the volatile title of the thread to 'Christian Discussion by levanty'. Who knows? Maybe it will elicit some discussion?:)

I'm wondering what is left to discuss about religion as every ramification and sub ramification has already been discussed, digested and regurgitated ad infinitim. :lol:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
OK, so we have a blank thread labeled "Christian Discussion" and we're being asked to keep it on subject, but what do we want to talk about?

Do we discuss:
- the beauty of Jesus' philosphy of peace, love and forgiveness?
- the way many modern Christians are Christian in name only, and not practice?
- the relationship of all the Judeo-Christian religions, including Islam and the reason for strife between the sects?
- theo-politcal questions like the Roman Catholic assertion that the Church must act as a conduit between humanity and God, rather than humanity just speaking to God directly? (complete with the biblical references?)

This could be an anything goes thread...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm wondering what is left to discuss about religion as every ramification and sub ramification has already been discussed, digested and regurgitated ad infinitim. :lol:

My church has study groups 8 weeks every year. There is always something to discuss with like minded individuals.

This board is not that and I don't personally feel comfortable discussing my religion/spirituality on it. Its one of those topics like the Middle East which seems to be discussed at infinitum with of course no solution or common ground.

So you do have a point. Its kind of a useless topic on this board.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have no idea who Jordan Maxwell is. I just threw this in because the OP needed some place to start. Most of the other clips about the pagan Christ were too long.
Now you have something to watch on YouTube. You'll probably enjoy it but use a filter.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My church has study groups 8 weeks every year. There is always something to discuss with like minded individuals.

This board is not that and I don't personally feel comfortable discussing my religion/spirituality on it. Its one of those topics like the Middle East which seems to be discussed at infinitum with of course no solution or common ground.

So you do have a point. Its kind of a useless topic on this board.

Ya but: ;-) It's a good way to keep the "religious" and "anti-religious" nutters in one place:lol:

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
levanty. Might I suggest that when raising discussions in the future, let's just say for example, "Faith and how it enriches your life", that you be clear and concise in your opening post as to what you are discussing, and that you are targeting it to be about how people of faith view it. Then if the post ends up highjacked, discuss it with the mods.

personally, I find the unfocused nature of a single thread on 'Christian Discussion' to leave me with no starting point. But that could just be me.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It becomes evident on this thesis that the historical element of the scriptures is of far less significance than has been supposed. It is the philosophy of history and not the data of history that is of foremost concern. As exhibiting providential design in world life it becomes of epic moment. The Hebrew race has exploited this phase of the old methodology to its highest possibility, only, however, as Egypt had done before it; and has been so successful that it has left the impression of a unique and exalted hierarchical status for the Jewish race. The outcome of our correction of vision will be that we shall for the first time properly regard the Old Testament books as, in the main, the universal drama of the spiritual life masquerading in the disguise of Hebrew history subtly woven into the great cosmic epic! The Biblical title Israelites is a spiritual designation purely, and is wrongly taken in the sense of the name of an ethnic group. "My people of Israel" or "the children of Israel" of the Hebrew deity are just the divinized humans, mortals who have put on the immortal spiritual nature, men graduated into Christhood, a spiritual group in the early Mysteries. Gentiles were those who were not yet spiritually reborn. The word comes from the Latin and Greek roots, "gen," "gent," meaning simply "to be born." They were those born as the first or natural man, but not yet reborn as the spiritual Christ. It can be given no ethnic reference. The name "Israelite" is obviously compounded of "Is," abbreviation of Isis, or Eve’s original name, Issa (See Josephus); "Ra," the great Egyptian
87​
solar god, male and spiritual; and the Hebrew "El," God. It would then read, Father-Mother-God, making his "children" the sons of God, i.e., Christs. Likewise the name "Hebrews" means "those beyond" (the merely human state), and therefore is practically identical with "Israelites." Finally the term "Jews" (from the plural of the Egyptian IU--Latin JU) refers to the "male-female divinities," a title given in the Mysteries to men made gods and thus restored to androgyne, or male-female, condition. The national Jews thus adopted for their historical name all three of the exalted spiritual designations conferred in the Mysteries on the Epoptae or completely divinized candidates.
It was hardly expected that any positive documentary evidence could be found in support of the evident fact that these names had simply been appropriated by the race using them as illustrious titles abstracted from the uranograph. But a direct statement to that precise effect was found in the Hebrew Grammar of Gesenius, a learned German scholar, (on p. 6):
"Of the names Hebrews . . . and Israelites . . . the latter was more a national name of honor and was applied by the people to themselves with a patriotic reference to their descent from illustrious ancestors; . . ."http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm