Did you attend this event or any other President Clinton event? What did you think?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Former U.S. president Bill Clinton wowed a crowd of 4,000 at the Moncton Coliseum on Monday as he spoke about ways to fix the world economy.

While Premier Shawn Graham later used Clinton's speech to reflect on how his government was addressing the global economic slowdown, for many others the former president's mere presence was enough.

Getting so close to Clinton was a dream come true for Mark Stevens.

Clinton came to Moncton on the invitation of former premier Frank McKenna. Media were not permitted inside to attend the speech.

Full story

Did you attend this event or any other President Clinton event? What did you think?

More...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
no, and of course I am at the 'other' end of the country, but a year or so ago, he spoke in Victoria, wouldn't have minded going, but not willing to fork out that kind of money, lets
us know what it's all about.
I'm not sure if he actually feels and believes what he says in those speeches, or is he just
creating something interesting to bring in the 'big' bucks.
Not sure.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Well I cannot think of a President who is or was more educated than he. The man does not use notes he uses his head and is the largest drawer of people for his speeches than anyone. So why shouldn't he get paid for his good advice?
scratch

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well I cannot think of a President who is or was more educated than he. The man does not use notes he uses his head and is the largest drawer of people for his speeches than anyone. So why shouldn't he get paid for his good advice?
scratch

Yes, you are right, and that is why I was interested in going to hear him in Victoria. Just too
darn expensive for me.
And, for me there is a gray area, when events are that high in price.
Not sure why they have to be, but, whatever, I can't handle that price tag.
Their loss;-)