Your poppy pinning tips.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
tear off a pencil eraser and stick it to the end of the pin if you're constantly getting poked.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
tear off a pencil eraser and stick it to the end of the pin if you're constantly getting poked.

That pencil eraser also keeps the darned thing from falling off a block up the street so you have to make another donation 'cuz you start to feel a little rare to be the only kid on the block without a poppy....

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
The back off of a stud style earring might work - or the back off another pin.

... but I always just bend the pin after I put it on the lapel.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ummm, a pair of needle nose pliers fixes mine up pretty well. Doesn't stab me when I go into my chest pocket, and it doesn't fall off...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Mine usually last until I get home. Weave the pin through two or three times ;)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

You know, that never occurred to me. I was going to say, that if you're going to wear
a Poppy over your heart, just don't forget it's there and go and unload a 53' trailer full
of sofa's. You have to pull them over the end of the deck and skid them down your
chest so that once they're on end on the ground, you can wrap your arms around it &
pivot in up onto your shoulder & head and start walking....

If you forget about the Poppy, eventually you end up with 2" of needle in your Pec.
That's really not pleasant. An eraser? Great idea.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Ummm, a pair of needle nose pliers fixes mine up pretty well. Doesn't stab me when I go into my chest pocket, and it doesn't fall off...

Doesn't it get heavy having a pair of pliers hanging from your pin?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You know, that never occurred to me. I was going to say, that if you're going to wear
a Poppy over your heart, just don't forget it's there and go and unload a 53' trailer full
of sofa's. You have to pull them over the end of the deck and skid them down your
chest so that once they're on end on the ground, you can wrap your arms around it &
pivot in up onto your shoulder & head and start walking....

If you forget about the Poppy, eventually you end up with 2" of needle in your Pec.
That's really not pleasant. An eraser? Great idea.

Ew, Ron, ugh ugh ugh. That's so gross.