How have the new changes to daylight savings time affected you?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
In 2005, most of Canada began to commit to adopting a new daylight saving time plan to synchronize with a U.S. plan to extend daylight time to save energy, cutting the need for artificial light in the evenings.
Daylight saving time now starts on the second Sunday in March and conclude on the first Sunday in November. The new schedule came into effect in the U.S. and Canada for the first time in 2007.
It's up to each province to decide whether to use daylight time. Most of Saskatchewan has not observed daylight time since 1966 and stays on Central Standard Time all year round.
A quarter of the world's population is subjected to a one-hour time change twice a year, yet the impact of this change is poorly understood by science.
In Depth:Daylight Time
How does this annual shift in time affect you? Has matching Canada's daylight savings time to that of the U.S. been for the better or the worse?

More...

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
The people of Saskatchewan and in Yahk BC (their time never changes either) don't know how to reset their time pieces....ssoooooo they just leave it the same!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm in Saskatchewan, so I'm somewhat out of the conversation, but there where changes to daylight savings in 2005?
I guess it hasn't affected me much....though if the power goes out, we're capable of resetting out clocks.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I like the way they did it in China. Some shops just opened an hour earlier, but no, there is no changing of the clock hand.

I like that, especially when we need to communicate times on-line in an international setting. Time zones are confusing enough, let alone daylight saving time.

Why does the government not stop requiring us to change the clocks, and just ask (or legislate as it wishes) us to come to work an hour earlier.

Wow, so straight forward. So simple. Yet does it really take a genious to solve this problem?