What did Paul Newman mean to you?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Paul Newman, the blue-eyed leading man who starred in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and gained notoriety for his philanthropic work and love of racing, died Friday at 83 after a long battle with cancer.
He died at his farmhouse in Westport, Conn., surrounded by friends and family.
Newman was nominated six times for an Academy Award before he took home the best-actor honour for The Color of Money (1986). Story
What did Paul Newman mean to you?

More...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Paul Newman was a man who was very good at everything he tried his hand at. He was an excellent actor, Academy award winner who was nominated nine or ten times.. He was very good race driver who consistently won a lot of races against big name race drivers. At seventy, Newman won the 24 hours of Daytona against a whole field of international stars. Paul Newman's businesses, where all the profits went to charity, raised more than four hundred million dollars for various charities, including a lot in Canada.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I feel like I have lost a friend. Paul Newman has been connected to my life since I was
very young. I have followed his career, read about him, watched most of his movies,
and I loved his style. He was a good person, shared his wealth. His marriage was an
interesting one, as he was the race car driver, and a mans man, and joanne woodward
was the total opposite, loved the opera, had no interest in car racing, but, they had
a good marriage, and loved each other, and allowed each one to be 'who they were'.
His acting was so individual, so cool, nice voice, good looking, and very versatile.
Loved Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid, and many others. I will miss him, and I
wish his wife and his children the best and my sincere sympathy.