If you live in the Maritimes how are you preparing for Kyle?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Tropical storm Kyle has gained strength while swirling in the Atlantic Ocean and is slowly moving north, reports the U.S. National Hurricane Center.
Kyle's maximum sustained winds increased to about 96 kilometres per hour by early Friday in the Atlantic Ocean. It's about 820 kilometres southwest of Bermuda, where a tropical storm watch has been issued.
Forecasters said the storm could become a hurricane by Saturday as it moves north at about 20 km/h.
The National Hurricane Center is also warning the northeastern United States and the Canadian Maritimes to watch the storm as it progresses over the next few days.
Kyle is expected to reach the Maritime provinces by Sunday with rains and strong winds until Monday.
Read full story
Send us your pictures as Kyle comes ashore.

More...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Nothing out of the ordinary. It's just a hurricane.... they're expecting it to reach a maximum of Cat.1..... hardly anything to write home about.

I'll probably grab some small things to snack on and stay inside..... then again, I might go and get a big orange tarp and go wind sailing out in the ball field like I used to as a kid on my grandparents farm...... but it's not like it's going to flatten homes or anything.... seish.

Come back to me when we get a Cat.3

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I have secured a bottle of Appleton's Estate rum and 2 litres of Coke.....and ice.

I am ready for Kyle, or Armegeddon.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I made major preparations. I loosened the clothesline, so that if we get strong winds, the tree that it's attached to won't pull it off the house, as it did during the last hurricane. That's pretty much it.

I don't know why there's such fear and whining about the hurricanes we get here - sure Juan was bad 5 years ago, but we get them quite regularly. The one thing that made Juan bad was the total inability of NSPower to react to and recover from their massive line failures.