What was your favourite part of the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
China kicked off the Olympics Friday with a spectacular, four-hour ceremony filled with lights, music, artists and athletes.
What part was your favourite? The 2,008 drummers? The parade of nations? Torch lighting? Or the 29,000 fireworks?
Full story.

More...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
In all honesty, I missed most of the opening ceremony, but my husband said the lighting
of the flame was amazing, and he liked most of what he saw.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I was really excited about this, I always love the opening ceremonies! I thought that the 2008 drummers were amazing. The lighting of the torch was great, the way he 'ran' around the stadium was outstanding. And the actual lighting of the torch always makes me teary eyed, no matter what! I can't wait to see the rest of the olympics!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Sheesh you guys! I'm with Hazmart here. I thought the Torch lighting was amazing. A fantastic idea conveyed perfectly in artistic craft. Once you get past the politics, which are an important talking point, there is so much beauty in the culture that it's a treat to get the chance to see it.

The scale of everything is impressive. I love the architecture, the movement in unison, the innovation and the sheer pride that is beaming from China. What a great opportunity to see beyond the tragedy of earth quakes and political strife to the rest of the story that is China.