Have your buying habits changed when it comes to alcohol?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Beer continues to be Canada's top alcoholic drink, though a growing number of consumers are favouring wine, according to a Statistics Canada report released Monday.
In 2007, beer accounted for 47 per cent of alcohol sales, down from 52 per cent in 1997. Wine sales comprised 28 per cent of the market, up from 21 per cent in 1997, the federal agency said.
Wine's growing favour may in part be linked with a greater emphasis on food and wine pairings, said Sherri Haig, a spokeswoman for the Wine Council of Ontario.
Full story
Have your buying habits changed when it comes to alcohol?

More...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My husband was diagnosed with gout. It changed our alcohol habits immensely. Beer is THE absolute worst thing for his particular gout. Red wine on the other hand, has many of the anti-oxidant properties that help arthritic conditions like fibro and gout, so, we drink more of that now. We miss our beer, but, it's a worthwhile trade and I've come to love my wine.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
As Homer would say, "The only dangerous amount of alcohol, is none."

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I'm with Walt. lol
Stout is the usual beverage here beside the usual coffee, tea, juice, etc. But we do enjoy a glass or two of shiraz, pinot noir, riesling now and then. Habits haven't changed. Thinking about converting vehicles to a cheap beer though because the booze is cheaper than gas. :D