Daycare dilema

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
A daycare centre in Winnipeg has warned to parents to stop harassing staff over a lack of spaces available for their children.
The May newsletter of the K.I.D.S. Inc. daycare at Montrose School says staff have been subject to "personal verbal attacks" and parents have been "sharing vicious lies defaming our character."
The parents are frustrated over long waiting lists, and have been taking it out on the staff, said executive director Karen Ohlson.
"Parents have been accusing us of not enrolling their child for a variety of reasons, and it's absolutely not true," she said.
In the newsletter, Ohlson calls for an end to the hostilities, issuing a stern warning to parents that such behaviour "will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the waiting list and/or withdrawing a child from a space in our program."
Ful story
Have you witnessed frustrated parents at your day care? What's the solution?

More...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The solution to this kind of bull is tax incentives from the government that make it possible for those who want to stay home and raise their own kids, to do so. The overburdening of the daycare system is symptomatic of the need for parents to both work in order to be able to afford their family.

paullind10

Feb 20, 2007
www.healthcarereviews.com
Can daycares charge as much as they want? Is so, why don't they charge more so they can make more money, hire more people and expand. With demand as it is they are obviously undercharging. There's a 1 year wait list in parts of Halifax.

I only pay $25/day for my child's daycare, they could easily raise it 25% and still have a full daycare. My daycare has recently expanded to a new facility that they paid for, it's amazing, I don't know how they do it at $25/day and an 8:1 worker:child ratio.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How about we increase hourly wages for Canadian workers so both parents don't have to work ifin they dosen't want to and ifin they do then they could afford to pay for good community daycare, which would also make it possible to pay daycare givers an increased wage as well, every body wins. EAT THE RICH, DESTROY THE CAPITALISTS, FREE EDUCATION, GIVE YOUR TV THE BOOT:smile: