Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Can Daniel Briere, R.J. Umberger and their high-flying Philly teammates complete an improbable run to the Stanley Cup final? Or will Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and the explosive Penguins take the next step toward their first championship? Submit your thoughts on the games, plays, and personalities of the Battle of Pennsylvania.

More...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Should be a great series, both teams at the top of their games.
Didn't expect Pittsburg to be this strong in this years playoffs, but they are awsome,
especially their power play.

As we speak I am watching the beginning of the 4th overtime between Dallas and
San Jose, no winner yet.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Even though they beat my beloved Senators, I will root for the Penguins in that series. Hossa (an ex-Senator) sure put on a show yesterday.

paullind10

Feb 20, 2007
www.healthcarereviews.com
I love the Penguins but does anyone seriously believe any team in the East can compete with the Western conference, the Pens and Flyers might not even make the playoffs if switched to the Western conference. Staff, SportSearch.info

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I love the Penguins but does anyone seriously believe any team in the East can compete with the Western conference, the Pens and Flyers might not even make the playoffs if switched to the Western conference. Staff, SportSearch.info

The Pens would easily make the playoff's in the West.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'll get back to the Stanley Cup playoffs when the World hockey championships are finished. Team Canada won their first two games fairly convincingly Their next game is against the U.S. on Tuesday. All Canada's games will be on TSN.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'll get back to the Stanley Cup playoffs when the World hockey championships are finished. Team Canada won their first two games fairly convincingly Their next game is against the U.S. on Tuesday. All Canada's games will be on TSN.

The Canadian's look to have a pretty damn good team, but I think they'll have their hands full with Russia, especially is Ovechkin starts lighting up the goals.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Playoffs are a new season, and Pittsburg have been awsome, didn't think they would be
this strong, and so has Philly. New York Rangers have a very strong team, so I do think
that Pittsburg will give the Flyers a good run. Should be a very good series. Maybe the
goalies will make the difference.

I would agree back in the regular season that no one in the east would beat anyone in the
west in playoff hockey, BUT I have stepped back a couple of steps with that attitude, as
I see the penguins and the flyers as contenders for the cup.

Dallas/Detroit will be a great series, we'll see how tough the wings are now, they have
great individual players and good defence, but not sure if they can hold down those stars,
especially if Morrow is in the lineup, and the line with Richards/Letinen/Ribiero is awsome, but so is Datsuk/Zetterburg, but not sure if the wings goalkeeping will match Turco, we'll see.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Even though they beat my beloved Senators, I will root for the Penguins in that series. Hossa (an ex-Senator) sure put on a show yesterday.

You must be cheesed off, Hossa is playing like a man possessed and Heatly is lighting it up in the world champion ships while they both sucked in their last playoff run with the Senators.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You must be cheesed off, Hossa is playing like a man possessed and Heatly is lighting it up in the world champion ships while they both sucked in their last playoff run with the Senators.

Always knew Hossa was a great player. He was a joy to watch during his time in Ottawa. When he gets that head down and goes full bore up the ice he's like a freight train. Real happy for him now with Pittsburg.

I believe the Senators have some internal problems they need to resolve. Could be management, could be players. Whatever it is, the players are not responding like they should on the ice. Heatley didn't show any spark whatsoever during the playoffs. Good to see him doing well in the worlds.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Always knew Hossa was a great player. He was a joy to watch during his time in Ottawa. When he gets that head down and goes full bore up the ice he's like a freight train. Real happy for him now with Pittsburg.

I believe the Senators have some internal problems they need to resolve. Could be management, could be players. Whatever it is, the players are not responding like they should on the ice. Heatley didn't show any spark whatsoever during the playoffs. Good to see him doing well in the worlds.

Wonder where Hossa will end up next year, as there is no way Pittsburg can afford to keep him, they have to worry about, how they can keep Malkin.