Who shouldn't have the right to strike?

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
Nobody shouldn't have the right to strike. I'm pretty sure most companies and managers would love the right to strike to be taken away from anyone. It removes the one response a worker has that managers pay attention to. Denial of your work is a basic right, the alternative is indentured serfdom........or corporate slavery......:-:)-(

Reactions: eh1eh

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I think everyone should have the right to strike anytime for any reason. It would solve all our problems.

If you don't make enough, strike.

If you are paying your employees too much, strike.

So let's summarize, Strike, by anyone, at anytime for any reason.

It's the only truly democratic solution.:-|

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you are paying your employees too much, strike.

I've seen that happen. A meat packing plant here in Edmonton actually. The workers were in negotiations, demanding more pay and threatening a strike. The plants said 'we can't, if you strike, we have to close.' The workers went on strike, the plant closed, and people still complain that it was an unjust, unfair, unwarranted response from the plant. Seemed like they got exactly what they were warned about.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I've seen that happen. A meat packing plant here in Edmonton actually. The workers were in negotiations, demanding more pay and threatening a strike. The plants said 'we can't, if you strike, we have to close.' The workers went on strike, the plant closed, and people still complain that it was an unjust, unfair, unwarranted response from the plant. Seemed like they got exactly what they were warned about.

Gainers. :-(

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If you must work, that is, if you have to work under the threat of violence (fines, jail time) then you are a slave. As such you should respond in the manner as someone has the right to do under such circumstances as being made a slave. It is no time for half measures when your freedom, liberty and life are on the line. We, here in Canada, don't recognize the seriousness of this situation only because we are wealthy. The bus drivers have every right to storm government and hang politicians and, in fact, not doing so now means it will only have to be done later. Eventually, like all parasites, the political elite and monied elite will demand too much. It is at their peril that they would remove the pressure valve that job action necessarily represents; this is always the coarse, however, that people in ivory towers inevitably take.

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Thought it was Maple Leaf Foods...............?

anyway: What Scott Free said. He just forgot to add there should be a no scab law where scabs could be castrated and burned alive.......Jeebus, thats a bit harsh, Nugg!!:blob6:......nope.

The right to strike was bargained, fought, bled, and died for. Tis the only weapon the working man has on his side, and some would argue it has caused the offshoreing of many jobs.

But, we all know that employers are honest and upright. Just look at Walmart for example. Why, companies would never offshore if workers threw out the unions, accepted scraps thrown from the table, sucked up, kissed ass, and licked boots.

No, never, not ****ing much!

:read2:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
If you must work, that is, if you have to work under the threat of violence (fines, jail time) then you are a slave. As such you should respond in the manner as someone has the right to do under such circumstances as being made a slave. It is no time for half measures when your freedom, liberty and life are on the line. We, here in Canada, don't recognize the seriousness of this situation only because we are wealthy. The bus drivers have every right to storm government and hang politicians and, in fact, not doing so now means it will only have to be done later. Eventually, like all parasites, the political elite and monied elite will demand too much. It is at their peril that they would remove the pressure valve that job action necessarily represents; this is always the coarse, however, that people in ivory towers inevitably take.

That isn't even the reason they went on strike, thanks. That is the excuse they used for giving the city 1 hours notice of strike.

Have you ever taken the TTC? I take it everday, Monday to Friday and I can tell you that I have never seen a driver threatened with violence. You have taken a small tidbit of info you read somewhere and wrapped your looney tune agenda around it, nice going.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
That isn't even the reason they went on strike, thanks. That is the excuse they used for giving the city 1 hours notice of strike.

Have you ever taken the TTC? I take it everday, Monday to Friday and I can tell you that I have never seen a driver threatened with violence. You have taken a small tidbit of info you read somewhere and wrapped your looney tune agenda around it, nice going.

1- I didn't give a reason for the strike, dumb dumb.

2- "That is the excuse they used for giving the city 1 hours notice of strike." - And this is relevant to what I said how?

3- It isn't the public that is threatening the strikers it is the government.

You didn't understand one damn word I wrote - talk about warping something to a "looney [sic] tune" agenda :lol::roll::lol:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The workers in any business or service which has a monopoly should not have the right to strike.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
anyway: What Scott Free said. He just forgot to add there should be a no scab law where scabs could be castrated and burned alive.......Jeebus, thats a bit harsh, Nugg!!:blob6:......nope.

The right to strike was bargained, fought, bled, and died for. Tis the only weapon the working man has on his side, and some would argue it has caused the offshoreing of many jobs.

But, we all know that employers are honest and upright. Just look at Walmart for example. Why, companies would never offshore if workers threw out the unions, accepted scraps thrown from the table, sucked up, kissed ass, and licked boots.

No, never, not ****ing much!

:read2:

I 100% agree.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The workers in any business or service which has a monopoly should not have the right to strike.

Really? And so what do you recommend for the workers as punishment? Whippings? Beatings? Public humiliation? Financial ruin? Jail time?

If someone must work, that is, can not strike, then they are a slave and should resort to any and all means in securing their freedom.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Your daughter had to walk home from the movies and got raped. Too bad for you! Thanks union selfish *****s. The UNION cause was served, **** ANYONE that gets in their way. UNION supersedes all other concerns that don't support UNION. HEIL UNION.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I would like to state that the censorship in my above post contained no "bad" words. There is a problem here. I would also lie to say it is unjust crap. :?::p:?:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Your daughter had to walk home from the movies and got raped. Too bad for you! Thanks union selfish *****s. The UNION cause was served, **** ANYONE that gets in their way. UNION supersedes all other concerns that don't support UNION. HEIL UNION.

So, do you enjoy the 40 hour work week?...........How about pensions? Paid holidays? Vacations? Workmen's Compensation?

If you do, say "Thanks" to your unions.

I've been a union man all my life...........