Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Can Carey Price and the Habs build off their impressive Game 7 thumping of Boston and prove they're worthy of the East's top seed? Do Daniel Briere and the run 'n' gun Flyers have the firepower to match goals with Montreal? Submit your thoughts on the games, plays, and personalities of the series.

More...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Canadiens played the Flyers four times over the regular season and won all four games. This would suggest that the Canadiens should have a bit of an edge. If everybody is healthy the Habs should take the series in five. A lot will depend on the officiating. It was bloody awful in the series against Boston.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I will be taking this series a little more seriously than I did Boston which I thought would be done in 4 to 5 games and Boston showed some heart and made the series close. If the candians get forced to play the flyers style of hockey they are toast but if they skate around their slow d and Price is.....Price they should take them in 5 or 6.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On the west coast we don't see the Canadiens much so I'm still learning who the players are. Price showed how brilliant he can be against Boston. The Flyers had a two man advantage for a full two minutes against the Capitals and were unable to score so they aren't supermen. As you say, Montreal just have to play their game.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Observations on the Boston series, Boston outworked the Habs in games 5 and 6 and were rewarded. In game 7 Carbonneau said they had to make the plays, not react to and anticipate them. I think that will be what decides this series too. Who works the hardest and forces the play will win it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I was sad to see Ovetchin and his team lose out last night, but for the habs, in my opinion,
it is a good thing, because if Washington had won the series, Montreal would have played
the rangers, who I think are the best team in the east.

The Pittsburg/Rangers series should be good too, but not sure if Pittsburg can beat them,
we'll see.

Dallas/San Jose should be the best series as far as talent, as I think they are the two most
talented teams in the playoffs, even though Detroit was on top all season.

Colorado can give Detroit a good fight, might win a couple of games, but Detroit should
prevail.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The Washington/Philadelphia game last night was fantastic. It's been awhile since I've been on the edge of my seat while watching a game but this one did it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The Washington/Philadelphia game last night was fantastic. It's been awhile since I've been on the edge of my seat while watching a game but this one did it.

Yeah, it was great, we've got lots to look forward over the next few years, as there is
a very exciting trend in the NHL right now, lots of very young, up and coming stars, led by
Crosby/Ovetchkin/Malkin and others, and I think other teams will add more of their
very young players as well, as the speed of the game right now is fantastic.