Your report: Price drops across Canada?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
CBC News wants you to do some reporting! Our economic journalists have been following the story of dollar-related price drops across the country: how, with the climb of the Canadian dollar and it's new, improved purchasing power, retail prices of products bought from American suppliers don't seem to be falling.

There were murmurs of price gouging and complaints from consumer groups, and replies from retail representatives. And now we're hearing that prices on certain items, in some stores across the country, may be cut.

Here's where we want to hear your stories about price drops: Tell us:

- If you've seen price cuts in the stores you shop in.
- What products.
- How much the drop was and whether it was enough to get you to buy!

More...

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Oh geez, you know what.
My mom is a small convenience owner.
Guess what, our price is increasing
Why?
Because the supplier and wholesales are raising THEIR prices, we are left with no choice but to raise our prices. Economy has more to do with how much oil is, not how much dollar is.
Get that right..please

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
+I think there tAlking about US products YJK.As far as reductions promised i seen zero from the big box retailers in this town .i also talked to the manager of my local grocery store and theres no change in prices for Us products planned .So i guess its biz as usual gouge the Canadian consumer goverment will do nothing .Why would they higher prices equal higher taxes :angryfire: