What would you do with the Barry Bonds ball?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds said the man who is willing to launch his historic 756th home run ball into space is "stupid."
Bonds, 43, broke Hank Aaron's record of 755 homers on Aug. 7, but fashion designer Marc Ecko purchased the ball last Saturday during an online auction with a winning bid of $752,467 US.
Ecko has since set up a website that lets fans vote on the ball's fate: donate it to the National Baseball Hall of Fame; mark it with an asterisk - because Bonds is suspected of using steroids - before donating it; or send into space on a rocket ship.
Voting, already in the millions, ends Sept. 25, at which time Ecko will announce the outcome.
"He is stupid. He is an idiot," Bonds told the San Francisco Chronicle. "He spent $750,000 on the ball and that is what he is doing with it? What he is doing is stupid."
Bonds has had his say, but we want to know what you think.
What would you do with the Bonds ball if you owned it? Would you keep it? Donate it to the Baseball Hall of Fame? Send it into space? Sell it? What do you think of Ecko's vote on the Bonds ball?

More...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Definitely the asterisk, though I myself wouldn't have paid 3/4 $Million. Bonds is a tool, I hope A-rod can stay healthy and blast his record out of the water.