N.L. man wants handgun ban after nephew killed in Toronto

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
A man from Newfoundland and Labrador has set out on a campaign to ban handguns and automatic weapons after his nephew, Ephraim Brown, 11, was shot to death in Toronto in July.
Police said the boy was at a birthday party in the backyard of a north Toronto townhouse complex when he was shot in the neck during gunfire between rival gangs.
Verdon Brown is the boy's uncle and lives in Peterview, a small town in central Newfoundland.
Now, Brown has sent a letter to Ottawa demanding that handguns be made illegal. He said he wants the Newfoundland and Labrador government and Premier Danny Williams to support his cause.
Full story
Would you join this campaign to ban handguns in Canada? Why or why not?

More...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
hmmm, he's thinking criminals register their guns...silly man. Drugs are illegal/banned and yet.....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
well Karrie you had best just go and register that gun right now! How else can we keep you safe? and the neighbourhood...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
well Karrie you had best just go and register that gun right now! How else can we keep you safe? and the neighbourhood...

Ha! How would my neighborhood be safe if I wasn't keeping myself paranoid, and packing some serious heat Twila?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
But is it really paranoia when the voices ARE talking about you behind your back in front of you?