B'Nai Brith Canada tells Liberals to dump star candidate

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
B'Nai Brith Canada has asked Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion to remove new star candidate Jocelyn Coulon from an upcoming byelection in Montreal's Outremont riding because of his past stance on Israel. It says Coulon has a "well-documented anti-Israel bias," including sympathy for Hamas, that is "out of step with current Liberal policy."
Coulon, a political scientist and former journalist, has been a frequent commentator on international affairs since leaving journalism for an academic position at the Université de Montréal. In one opinion piece, dated Feb. 22, 2006, Coulon writes that Hamas won the Palestinian elections because of its commitment to fight corruption and help people — and the international community should not isolate it.
The Liberal party says it is proud to have Coulon as a candidate.
All this comes as Canada is resuming its financial support of the Palestinian Authority with an immediate contribution of $8 million to support the interim administration led by President Mahmoud Abbas.
Canada was one of the first Western countries to cut off funding after Hamas won the January 2006 Palestinian election.
Full story
Also see
Should the Liberal Party reconsider Jocelyn Coulon as a candidate?

More...

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Given the party's sordid history, I don't even want it running in my nation's elections. I'll make that plain come election time and the party's campaigners arrive on my doorstep.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Given the party's sordid history, I don't even want it running in my nation's elections. I'll make that plain come election time and the party's campaigners arrive on my doorstep.

Which is the greater evil here Tamarin?

An ineffectual and obviously corrupt government or the fact that people with an axe to grind who are rampantly pro-Jewish can attempt to influence (yet again) the political policies of Canada?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Let's see here Libby's Beans or Heinz Beans. Both have a saucey contents. Both have gaseous tendancies. Both look a lot like shyte. Oh look both say they are the best beans there is. Just like government. No matter what you do your going to have a stinky House of Commons.

Do you suppose our military is in such disarray because politicians know a coup d'état when they see one?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Unforgiven

Why shouldn't B'nai Brith dicate policy to Canadians...?

They're way more clever than Americans. Only the Jews have sufficient chutzpah to pull billions from the coffers of the American people ...and have an American politician say "Israel is America..America is Israel"....

I suppose we'd have a different "take" on this kind of thing if it was Palestinians or Moslems trying to manipulate Canada....