Boost vitamin D supplements: Canadian Cancer Society

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Adults living in Canada should consider increasing their vitamin D intake during the fall and winter, the Canadian Cancer Society said in new supplement recommendations released Friday.

More...

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
I bet in a couple weeks, they are going to be telling us that Vitamin D causes cancer :lol: just kidding

snfu73

disturber of the peace
duh. We get vitamin D from the sunlight on our skin. Only makes sense. Which is why it has to be spelt out for most of us with big letters and lots of pictures.
And food...we get it through food. I think the thing here is that for years "they" (whoever they are) have been telling us to keep out of the sun because of the cancer risk...now there is a risk if you don't get ENOUGH sun do to vitamin D deficiency.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
what role does vitamin D play cause i know of some people who tan without burning, what does that mean? do they have more vitamin D in there system compared to other people?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I believe the amount of melanin your skin is pigmented with is what causes the varied responses to sunlight in so many different people.

I've burned myself twice so far this summer... summer break that is ;) I imagine I'll burn some more before the end of this break.

Personally I think it would be great to genetically engineer my pigments, like the photosynthetic variety. After the operation I could try to scare the nurses/docs by pulling the Hulk thing.