Schwarzenegger to announce stem-cell project with Ont.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No mention of whether or not it is embryonic stemcell research. I think most of the advances have come from adult or cord blood stemcell research.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
...the deal will see Ontario contributing $30 million to a joint research project between the province and California that will focus specifically on cancer stem cells, CBC News has learned.

... also didn't see any mention of how much California is contributing to the project. :-?

Kreskin, I know you follow news on this subject fairly closely... do you think this is a significant step forward?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I really don't know Zan. The closest I get to the inside of this stuff is through a friend who is stem cell researcher. In his opinion embryonic stem cell research will help shed light on the science but the actual applied therapies will come from adult and cord blood.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
hmmmm yes, it was the $30 million committment from Canada that got my attention... I was hoping you'd be able to tell me if this is going to be money well spent lolll. ... particularly as no mention was made re: what California's investment into this project is.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The visit and announcement hasn't been reported very well. Some of the basic information appears to be absent. Apparently it's more important to report on choirs singing for him than it is to report some of the details of the visit.