Wolfowitz to resign at the end of June

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
World Bank president Paul Wolfowitz will resign at the end of June, the World Bank board announced Thursday, following allegations of conflict of interest over a big raise he arranged for his girlfriend.

More...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I don't care for Wolfowitz. I think he is one major @$$. He was one of the chief architects of the Iraq war, PNAC and America's disasterous pre-emptive foreign polices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wolfowitz

That said, I think the man has been railroaded in this case...

So he had an intimate relationship with a coworker. That happens sometimes. She couldn't continue working at the world bank. That would be a conflict of interest.

But the point which few people are aware is that working for international institutions like the world bank come with generous tax benefits. Even though her salary may have appeared to have increased, after taxes it might have been the same. In otherwords, she was probably transferred to a new job which resulted in about the same level of compensation which would have been fair.

This opinion article describes how it works:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opinion/nationalcolumns/article_1681070.php

Wolfowitz deserves to be held accountable for his past misdeeds, dangerous foreign policies and possibly even war crimes. But in this case, I think the man is for the most part innocent, or at least not as guilty as the press portrays.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Wolfowitz has cut a deal with the World Bank Board. he resigns and steps down and they give him a clean bill of health too. What a good old boy operation that is. Now the White House has another minion to place in that position. I sure hope some of the World Powers see this institution for what it really is. It is nothing more than another US ploy through the United Nations to influence the world economies. This Institution needs to be shut down and those ideas abandoned. It is past its need in this world today.