Woman mauled to death by tiger in B.C. Interior

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Why are people so retarded?

Seriously...a wild animal is a wild animal. No matter how much you think you have "tamed" it...it's wild!!! It took humans how many millenia to become fairly civilized...and we think we can control or buddy up to a lion, a tiger or a bear (oh my:lol: )???

I hear about these stories, and i'm just amazed by these people who seriously think these wild animals are like little teddy bears.:roll:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The behavior of both the woman and the owner of the tiger is completely unacceptable, as when he
was not home, noone should have been able/ or allowed to enter the cages, and the woman was about as stupid as
anyone can be, and as a result two young children have no mother, and more than that, they have
the lifelong memory of witnessing the event.

I sure hope somebody learns something from this horrific happening, and the government clamps
down in a big way, by adopting a LAW which prohibits anyone from keeping 'wild' animals, perhaps
with the exception of 'some' monitored game farms/zoos etc.

Last edited:

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
No - let's not keep anything in a cage for our amusement. It is cruel - imagine being bred to roam a territory of several hundred miles and hunt and kill your own prey, and to then be stuck in a chain link cage for the rest of your life. I'm not asking for anthropomorphising here - try simple empathy.

How could anyone with a shred of decency see tigers and lions in cages and not be outraged at the cruelty? How could anyone bring their kids to see this obscenity?

Keep goldfish or reptiles - sure, it's possible to keep them and not have them suffer - they are a little down the evolutionary and perceptive tree - how much does a snake or a chameleon or a Japanese Fighting fish know of it's surroundings? Can they even anticipate?

Mammals sure can - mammals have pretty good memories too - and the suffering of a mammal is pretty easy to recognize.

Unless you're making a buck off it.

What an ass.

Oh, yeah - the woman was stupid. She didn't die of a tiger attack, she died of terminal case of idiot.

But you know they'll kill the tiger.

Pangloss

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
No - let's not keep anything in a cage for our amusement. It is cruel - imagine being bred to roam a territory of several hundred miles and hunt and kill your own prey, and to then be stuck in a chain link cage for the rest of your life. I'm not asking for anthropomorphising here - try simple empathy.

How could anyone with a shred of decency see tigers and lions in cages and not be outraged at the cruelty? How could anyone bring their kids to see this obscenity?

Keep goldfish or reptiles - sure, it's possible to keep them and not have them suffer - they are a little down the evolutionary and perceptive tree - how much does a snake or a chameleon or a Japanese Fighting fish know of it's surroundings? Can they even anticipate?

Mammals sure can - mammals have pretty good memories too - and the suffering of a mammal is pretty easy to recognize.

Unless you're making a buck off it.

What an ass.

Oh, yeah - the woman was stupid. She didn't die of a tiger attack, she died of terminal case of idiot.

But you know they'll kill the tiger.

Pangloss

That's what's so horrible...they will kill the tiger!!! People are so arogant! I saw this story of a woman who was bitten by a rattlesnake in the desert near her property. So she makes it to the hospital and the doctors save her life...what does she do?? She actually goes into the desert and shoots a freaken rattlesnake...like it's revenge or something! Woman...you invaded his backyard...deal with the consequences!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
All you have to do is imagine your neighbours housecat the size of a tiger and voila! there's the reality. The femoral artery is the equivelant to the jugular vein and is located on the inside thigh. Being mauled by a tiger on the leg will open that up and in no time you bleed out. Chances are the tiger nothing more then to have the lady leave it alone, just as your house cat would swat your hand to get you to leave it alone.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
No - let's not keep anything in a cage for our amusement. It is cruel -

Yes, you are right, cages are not acceptable, they are horrible. My thoughts when I mentioned
game farms/zoos etc., did not include cages of any kind. I did visit a game farm many years
ago, and it was a nice environment. They had only 2 or 3 big cats and they were housed in a very
large enclosure with shelters and natural types of surroundings. Although I would rather see them
FREE, it does give us and thousands of school age children a chance to see them up close, and learn
about them.
My kids had a ride on an elephant at that game farm, and have never forgotton it, they had many
many different kinds of animals, even a rhinoceros, who had a very large field and shelter to roam
and live in. They all seemed to be happy and healthy, although still not FREE as the wild, but
probably better fed.
Mixed feelings I guess, as I write, I feel happy to have seen them, but FREEDOM is everything.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The news is reporting that the lady was OUTSIDE the cage. The tiger grabbed her through the fence!

The news is also reporting that is NOT illegal and you DON"T need special permits to own large cats. I find that absolutely shocking!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The news is reporting that the lady was OUTSIDE the cage. The tiger grabbed her through the fence!

The news is also reporting that is NOT illegal and you DON"T need special permits to own large cats. I find that absolutely shocking!

Oh, well that is much different than first reported, wonder which is the accurate story.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Oh, well that is much different than first reported, wonder which is the accurate story.

Probably the latest version. I sure hope this causes the laws.

keanay

May 22, 2007
Wow, you people are sure judgemental. I wonder if you had known Tania, like I did, if you would still be spouting off this way. She was not stupid or irresponsible, she died in a tragic accident.Her son will suffer from the memories, true. But do you think that when her 13 year old daughter surfs the web and comes across this page she will feel better because a bunch of sanctimonious jerks accuse her mother of being partly responsible for her own death? Do you think that a person attacked by the family pet,( because that happens everyday, you know) is stupid for trusting the family dog? You should consider that when you type things into a computer on a site like this that you and people like you, (judgemental, insensitive, lacking common sense) are not the only ones to read it. I am sitting here shocked, hurt and troubled that people who never knew Tania and have nothing to do with the situation are feeling the need to speak ill of her and those that she loved, tigers and boyfriend included. Why don't you find something better to do than comment on things you don't actually know anything about? Also, maybe you should consider how you might feel if someone you cared about was killed and you came across a site where people were saying the types of things some of you have said. What if it were your mother, sister, daughter or friend? Get a life.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
That's what's so horrible...they will kill the tiger!!! People are so arogant! I saw this story of a woman who was bitten by a rattlesnake in the desert near her property. So she makes it to the hospital and the doctors save her life...what does she do?? She actually goes into the desert and shoots a freaken rattlesnake...like it's revenge or something! Woman...you invaded his backyard...deal with the consequences!

I agree completely.

Obviously we have a tiger problem in Canada. What we need is new legislation limiting our rights (that seems to be what 'free countries' are into these days) to address this 'problem.'

It is just unacceptable for people in a free country to be so endangered. We should all be wrapped in foam armour and be able to walk into any cage our pea brains feel like.

What is this? The 1st person in a decade (two, three, ever?) to be eaten by a tiger in Canada?

Completely unacceptable! There should be a law prohibiting anything but budgies and miniature poodles. We need Canada to be free of this tiger menace. :angry3:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
What is this? The 1st person in a decade (two, three, ever?) to be eaten by a tiger in Canada?

Completely unacceptable! There should be a law prohibiting anything but budgies and miniature poodles. We need Canada to be free of this tiger menace.

Really, why would a human act humane and try to protect those that can't speak for themselves, eh? How selfish, wanting to protect an ENDANGERED species. Silly humans. Maybe we should all have WILD animals. After all it's our right as human beings to destroy, abuse, torture, and annihillate every other creature on this planet. Hey! Maybe then we won't need laws to protect those animals. Right? That makes sense. After all this world is just for us, we don't need no stinking animals on it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I agree completely.

Obviously we have a tiger problem in Canada. What we need is new legislation limiting our rights (that seems to be what 'free countries' are into these days) to address this 'problem.'

It is just unacceptable for people in a free country to be so endangered. We should all be wrapped in foam armour and be able to walk into any cage our pea brains feel like.

Completely unacceptable! There should be a law prohibiting anything but budgies and miniature poodles. We need Canada to be free of this tiger menace. :angry3:

This tiger was put to sleep because of her and her boyfriends 'stupidy and cruelty' to the animal, as the tigers should be free, like us.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Really, why would a human act humane and try to protect those that can't speak for themselves, eh? How selfish, wanting to protect an ENDANGERED species. Silly humans. Maybe we should all have WILD animals. After all it's our right as human beings to destroy, abuse, torture, and annihillate every other creature on this planet. Hey! Maybe then we won't need laws to protect those animals. Right? That makes sense. After all this world is just for us, we don't need no stinking animals on it.

I understand what you're saying but it's a fact that tigers and other animals aren't fairing so well anymore in their natural environment. People that our government has no control over are killing them off. If animals are no benefit to us they will not survive. One benefit is as pets. If people can't have these animals as pets there will be fewer of them in the world. It's cruel but its also a fact.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
One benefit is as pets. If people can't have these animals as pets there will be fewer of them in the world. It's cruel but its also a fact.
Well there's the problem. They are NOT pets. The minute you start treating them as pets you've neglected their needs and forgotten that they are in fact wild.

If tigers are going to be part of our environment it takes trained, dedicated people with the resources, education and finances. You can't make them a pet.They are wild. Through and through

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
Wow, you people are sure judgemental. I wonder if you had known Tania, like I did, if you would still be spouting off this way. She was not stupid or irresponsible, she died in a tragic accident.Her son will suffer from the memories, true. But do you think that when her 13 year old daughter surfs the web and comes across this page she will feel better because a bunch of sanctimonious jerks accuse her mother of being partly responsible for her own death? Do you think that a person attacked by the family pet,( because that happens everyday, you know) is stupid for trusting the family dog? You should consider that when you type things into a computer on a site like this that you and people like you, (judgemental, insensitive, lacking common sense) are not the only ones to read it. I am sitting here shocked, hurt and troubled that people who never knew Tania and have nothing to do with the situation are feeling the need to speak ill of her and those that she loved, tigers and boyfriend included. Why don't you find something better to do than comment on things you don't actually know anything about? Also, maybe you should consider how you might feel if someone you cared about was killed and you came across a site where people were saying the types of things some of you have said. What if it were your mother, sister, daughter or friend? Get a life.

If it was my relative who was killed by a tiger, I would mourn them, but I would admit that they contributed to their own death. It's simple really...wild animals can not be tamed or turned into house pets. You play with fire...you may get burned.
My sensitivity and common sense are in tact and doing great thanks:roll: !

I'm sorry for your loss, you are obviously upset...but I maintain that her decisions and actions in regards to keeping this animals a pet led to her death.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
I agree completely.

What are you talking about? It's "limiting your rights" to not allow you to own a tiger? It's not just about tigers...it's wild animals. You "own" a racoon and he scratches your eyes out...you should have known better. I don't think people should be able to own wild animals, but if you think they have the right to...then they should suck it up and not complain when their leg or arm gets bitten off.