Spider-Man 3 snares box office bonanza

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Spider-Man 3 keeps climbing the box office charts and has recorded the biggest weekend movie debut in North America with a haul of $148 million US, according to studio estimates.

More...

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
Saw the movie last night, it was good. Not the same story as the previous two movies as this one concentrates more on the human element of the characters and their relationships. The action seens are still excellant and the effects are great as usual, if going it is long and seems to drag slightly. But still a decent movie to go see.

unspoken

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2005
SK
I didn't bother with the second one because the first one sucked. I'm going to leave #3 alone too.

What bothers me is dime-a-dozen flicks like this rake in hundreds of millions while a recent true theatre experience(that being Grindhouse) went largely ignored by moviegoers.

IMO, the only movie that looks worth seeing in the next few months is Transformers, and maybe The Simpsons movie.

SVMc

Nominee Member
Apr 16, 2007
Toronto
Saw the first two because my partner really wanted to, I liked the first two okay but was bored out of my mind with this one. They tried to put everything in and ended up with nothing, there are no surprises, and the ending scene I'm pretty sure was scripted by the care-bear writers. Almost as bad as Matrix 3, but at least this didn't have Keanu in it.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Personally, I have loved Spiderman since before I could read...

I liked the first film well enough, and still think the second was maybe the best film ever, but Spidey 3 was not quite as AWESOME as I'd hoped- as mentioned above, the main gripe I had with it was the pacing (especially since possibly the best sequence in the whole film is in the first 20 minutes or so)

Still, pretty good fun- I won't get into details, but if you liked the first two, I'd think this one is a safe bet, it's both funny and kinda spooky, and Franco as Harry Osborn was truly great in this outing, I've liked the way his character was dealt with so far but I think he might have been my fave character in this film, totally hilarious yet oddly subtle job of bringin the insane "best friend" to life