Ottawa poised to make decision on aging army tanks

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
The government will soon decide the fate of the army's fleet of aging tanks, some of which are being used by Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan.

More...

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Funny a couple of months ago Germany was selling updated tanks for 600k a piece.
No reference of that here. Hoping we'll forget and they'll buy it for 5 million a piece.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
When you are shooting at people from a tank, the last think you want to do is sweat, or be uncomfortable in any way. You want to be able to kill in comfort! I say put dvd players in there, a little wet bar, some bikini girls, remote controls for everything, a lazy boy...what the heck! Can't have soldiers not having the comforts of home while in the desert killing people.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Funny a couple of months ago Germany was selling updated tanks for 600k a piece.
No reference of that here. Hoping we'll forget and they'll buy it for 5 million a piece.
Last i heard, it was as good as a done deal and they will be least.

Good idea if you ask me.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I have no problem replacing our out dated tanks , better if it is at a very good rebate. Better than buying out dated submarines, cancelling a helicopter order and paying again to replace those helicopters later. to me this is the better deal. Liberals suck at that. not that I'm conservative , I'm against waisted money.