PM doles out B.C.'s $200M share of eco-cash

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced $200 million in federal funding for British Columbia Tuesday to help reduce greenhouse gases and support clean energy technologies.

More...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced $200 million in federal funding for British Columbia Tuesday to help reduce greenhouse gases and support clean energy technologies.

More...
My goodness, whouda thunk Stephen Harper is an eco-marxist fascist? :wave:

Seriously, good on him for being a leader and not pretending a problem doesn't exist. A job well done by our PM.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
My goodness, whouda thunk Stephen Harper is an eco-marxist fascist? :wave:

Seriously, good on him for being a leader and not pretending a problem doesn't exist. A job well done by our PM.

I’m not so sure it is such a good idea. Isn’t that money going be used to build a hydrogen highway from BC to California? Do you really believe that is a good idea?
http://www.thenewatlantis.com/archive/15/zubrin.htm

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I’m not so sure it is such a good idea. Isn’t that money going be used to build a hydrogen highway from BC to California? Do you really believe that is a good idea?
http://www.thenewatlantis.com/archive/15/zubrin.htm

Given tourism is one of the most important industries in BC I think it is. Someone needs to take the first step to create the foundation for the future. I'd rather do that than allocate the 200m toward the next oil war in the ME.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Perhaps it is for grants to get people to go with geothermal heating instead of gas, electric, or whatever they use now. Did Harpy, Campbull, or anyone signify what the 200 gigabucks was for?

This from the article:

The funding is part of the Harper government's $1.5-billion Canada EcoTrust environmental package, a fund that allows each province and territory to develop their own technology, energy efficiency and other pollution-fighting projects.

Harper and Environment Minister John Baird joined B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell at the Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Canada headquarters at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver to announce the funding.

The money will go to environmental projects such as a "hydrogen highway" of recharging stations for fuel cells, which the prime minister called the "dominant form of energy in the future," as well as the extraction of energy from wood waste and providing clean electricity to rural areas currently supplied by diesel.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
lol
Beatcha to it. I reread the article and edited my post. :D
LOL. Sneaky :wave:

I'm quite excited to see something anew in the works. To me this entire climate change stuff could become the next employment revolution in North America. Somewhat like the Canadian National Railway. The cause is absolutely fantastic. Not only for cleaner air but to send the message to the ME that they can soon go back to the Stoneage where they really enjoy it.