U.S. arrests Iranians in Iraq

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Yahoo reported that they were there at the invitation of President Talibani. Therefore, they have diplomatic immunity and their arrest constitutes a violation of international law.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Yahoo reported that they were there at the invitation of President Talibani. Therefore, they have diplomatic immunity and their arrest constitutes a violation of international law.

i wonder if the usa staged the whole thing kinda like the germans and the polish border thing back in 1939. i think the us is looking for an excuse to invade iran and if they cant find one theyll make one up.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
i wonder if the usa staged the whole thing kinda like the germans and the polish border thing back in 1939. i think the us is looking for an excuse to invade iran and if they cant find one theyll make one up.

Would you care to explain that one for me, please?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
mapleleafgirl said:

I can see your point: arresting people, then planting or manufacturing evidence, shooting away and then pretending that it was they who had been shot at, and just doing all it can to provoke an international crisis in order to "justify" further invasion.

The fact remains that these people had immunity and, so far, there has been no apology from Bush or his thugs.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It should be apparent to anyone that the American people rightly or wrongly choose to spend trillions on "defense" so they can muscle anyone they choose...for a real reason or a fabricated one, it's only ever mattered to Americans when the body-count became "excessive". If we disconnected the link that Israel enjoys with America....if we could magically convince American industry and manufacturing that continued reliance on petroleum profits will accelerate the destruction of this entire planet....if we held the people responsible for stoking the flames of war invasion and terrorism...(all over the world including America) and were able to convince the businessmen of the world that keeping the same structure intact that's been built over the past two hundred years in the name of profit actualy serves to engender conflict and war...and we could convince America to join the world.....

But hey I suppose we only get one Christmas wish anyway right....