Olmert, Abbas hold talks in Jerusalem

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert met with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday in Jerusalem, sparking hopes of renewed peace talks between the two leaders.

More...

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Something has to be done to get things moving again. Sometimes, a slap is as good as a kiss.

As if recognizing Jerusalem is going to fuel extremism and violence. It's, um, already happening. :roll:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If there's anyone within Palestine that's even worth discussing peace with, it's Abbas. Although that's not saying a hell of a lot, he's still better than Hamas and the rest of that human garbage.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Gilad Atzmon Expains the Murder of the West by Identity Politics

August 28, 2017

Gilad Atzmon Expains the Murder of the West by Identity Politics
Strange, isn’t it, that one Jew, Gilad Atzmon, understands the dire situation of the Western World far better than does the entirety of the Western intellectual class, including its large Jewish component.
Read this and if you are successful in doing so, that is, not too handicapped by the low level of education to which Western “education” has degenerated, you will understand very much.
It is likely that Identity Politics has put the Western World into a situation from which recovery is impossible. All the rest of the world need do is to wait.
Being in Virginia in Time
By Gilad Atzmon
In my recent book Being in Time – a Post Political Manifesto, I pointed out that the West and America in particular have been led into a disastrous Identity (ID) clash. This week in Virginia we saw a glimpse of it.
In the book I argue that the transition from traditional Left ideology into New Left politics can be understood as the aggressive advocacy of sectarian and divisive ideologies. While the old Left made an effort to unite us all: gays, blacks, Jews or Whites into a political struggle against capital, the New Left has managed to divide us into ID sectors. We are trained to speak ‘as a…’: ‘as a Jew,’ ‘as a black,’ ‘as a Lesbian.’ The new left has taught us to identify with our biology, with our gender, sex orientation and our skin colour, as long as it isn’t ‘White’ of course.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
I was born in 1948. I have no feelings of responsibility or guilt for the holocaust. But the Israel/Palestine conflict is happening on "My Watch", so to speak. I have intently followed the gruesome brutalities and fatalities for at least 50 years or more.

At 70 years of age, I am not into violence and nor do I intend to encourage violence.

I have never understood the "Strategy" of the Arab/Muslim World.

God gave the most valuable essence of life on this planet to the Arabs and called it oil.

God gave North America and Europe an abundance of Forests and National Parks as a gift too. A huge economic asset of forestry.

If God gave the Land Of Israel to the Jewish Folks, well they sort of came out on the dark end of a dirty stick. Israel is nothing but a barren land. It has no huge inventory of any natural resources. In fact, there is no water and the Israeli's need to steal it from their neighbours. It seems to me that it was the Arabs and the Christians who are Gods Chosen People. God gave them an awful lot and not much to the Jewish Folks.

If I was chief negotiator for the creation of a Palestinian State with borders located at the pre-1967 Lines, ..... this is what I would do or what I think Abbas should do ....

Palestine has about 10 years maximum to succeed with the "Cause", and before all NATO member/associates leave the UN and where NATO becomes the world policeman. As they walk away, they will promise the world that the "Status Quo" will remain and that it is all legal. And the Status Quo is that Israel has no borders declared and that the U.S. has recognized Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel.

When the US. moved the embassy to Jerusalem, it was against International Law. When the U.S. made its intentions clear, it was in total defiance of the very crux of the United Nations Charter itself. The United States proclaimed that the United Nations and International law no longer exist. (Just like the Credit Rating Agencies are the very crux or core of the Capitalist System, and in 2008 were found to be fraudulent.)

The UN headquarters in New York is an ancient and poorly constructed. Unable to meet the demands of a modern/technical building. As China takes its rightful place on the world stage, it will only agree to fund the new UN building if it is built in Shanghai.

It is all over for the Palestinian People by the year 2030.

The American voter will never demand a resolution to the Occupation of Palestine unless the cost becomes too harsh or too prohibitive.

The only non-violent way that I can imagine the Palestinian People realizing any success at the negotiating table is to begin "Extra-Judicially" costing Average Joe American something tangible.

I was thinking of a strategy …. Not a plan …. and recognize that the forest/parklands are admired and adored as a "Religion" across the breath of America.

The Palestinians gotta work diligently, hard and fast in order to accomplish "Statehood" at the 1967 borders. And they gotta do it all by their lonesome. And, they got 10 years before the United Nations Rule Book changes drastically. They can not rely on "Alliances".

The Palestinians must persuade "Sympathizers" (Just as Israel does with AIPAC as an example) within all NATO member countries to be ready to act.

Israel does not rely on "Alliances" …. it relies on "Sympathizers", and friends like Reverend Hagee and The Clowns

I always want to believe that the Israel/Palestine conflict can be solved at the negotiating table. I think that Israel announcing it's borders at the 1967 Lines is a reasonable compromise.

I am always thinking of a means to bring NATO members to the negotiating table.

Here is how I see it happening …..

Forests and National Parklands are a religion and viewed as "Sacred Ground" in North America and Europe. It is impossible to defend such vast amounts of Sacred Ground against any type of mischief.

Abbas steps out and compares the complete destruction of Palestine as an attack on "Sacred Ground".

Abbas should then make it quite clear …. Any further attacks by Israeli Forces upon The Palestinian Resistance who are simply defending their "Sacred Ground", will result in attacks upon "Sacred Ground" within all NATO member countries.

No American will ever agree to watching their "Sacred Ground" being destroyed for the sake of Israel. The military might agree with such tactics, but not the Average American.

Paranoia will grip the nation as they think about losing their national pride. Even if by chance an event begins with a natural lightning strike, paranoia will further increase.

NATO will be at the negotiating table in the morning.

The America People must begin to question the cost of Middle East conflicts …. and it could cost them their most proud possession in life.

I strongly believe that the moment that Abbas publicly stated the threat, the majority of the American People will demand that Israel map the border to 1967.

Mahmoud Abbas needs to say .....

"If I came with a bible in one hand and a rifle in the other, knocked on your door, and said: according to my bible, my family lived in your home two thousand years ago, would you pack up your bags and leave?"