Quebec a nation without conditions: Bloc motion

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
BQ Leader Gilles Duceppe says the PM is trying to "pull the wool over the public's eyes," urging MPs to consider a separatist motion declaring Quebec a nation "that is currently within Canada."

More...

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
The Bloc only want power. They dont care about Quebec, or it's people. They voted time and time again to stay in Canada. But the Bloc, or the PQ, dont listen.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
The Bloc only want power. They dont care about Quebec, or it's people. They voted time and time again to stay in Canada. But the Bloc, or the PQ, dont listen.

I certainly understand your point, but the Bloc did get elected by people.. It's not there for nothing... There's a fairly solid core of about 40% of Quebecers that voted for them. They are backed by a significant portion of the Quebec people.

I will not accept the argument that the Bloc has nothing to do in Ottawa. It is a legal party and it gets elected legally. We live in a democratic country.

Last election I voted for the NPD because I knew the Bloc would pass in my riding. I support the Bloc but because I knew they would win, I figured I would give my vote to the NPD because I also support the role they play in Canada.

I can understand the frustration of Canadiand towards the Bloc though. The current system advantages them very much and if we had proportional representation (which I support), they would not be as powerful.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Many Quebecers cast their vote for The Bloc not as a vote for seperation, but for a strong voice for Quebec.
Last referendum the PQ tried to confuse enough people to vote for separation by asking a worded, misleading question. And they still lost, thanks to "the ethnic vote", in the words of one racest member.