Injured dog found in Vancouver dumpster

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

The B.C. SPCA has rescued an injured German shepherd from a dumpster in Vancouver.

The two-year-old male dog was found by a couple in a dumpster in the 1400-block of Maple Street.

It was wrapped in a blood-stained blanket and was conscious, but not very responsive, the group said in a statement.

“The dog has sustained very serious lacerations and bruising to his face and neck,” said Marcie Moriarty, who leads cruelty investigations for the SPCA.

Officials have located the dog’s owner, and are working with the Vancouver Police to investigate the case further.

The animal is expected to make a full recovery.

source: Injured dog found in Vancouver dumpster - British Columbia - CBC News

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dog found severely burned in Pickering

07/18/2012 | Marcia Chen, CityNews.ca

A Shih Tzu named Rotti was brought to the Humane Society of Durham Region in Whitby on July 10, 2012 with burns to about 50 per cent of his body. ROGERS

Animal welfare officers are investigating after a Shih Tzu was found severely burned behind a supermarket in Pickering last week.

A passerby said he found the dog tied to a garbage can behind the No Frills on Kingston Road and brought him to the Humane Society of Durham Region in Whitby on July 10 covered in bandages.

He had burns to about 50 per cent of his body, which vet Cheryl Birss believes may have been caused by hot liquid.

“He was in a lot of pain as you can imagine having that kind of injury for a few days,” she said.

“We did do surgery … and started bandaging him. We’ve been managing him on pain medication and antibiotics.”

Ontario SPCA officer Debby Houghton said it’s one of the worst cases of animal cruelty she’s seen in her 22 years on the job.

“I can’t believe this dog has survived,” she said.

“It’s a trooper. It’s walking now. It’s eating. It’s incredible — the will animals have sometimes to live.”

The original owner of the dog — who was tracked down using the dog’s microchip implant — said she gave him away to new owners and he had apparently run away from them.

An unknown period of time passed and then the dog, named Rotti, was found in his current condition.

Houghton is asking any witnesses, including the person who brought him in, to call her at 905-665-7430, ext. 225.

“We would like to find the individual that was responsible for this,” she said.

Under the Provincial Animal Welfare Act, anyone who harms an animal could be jailed for two years and fined as much as $60,000.

Dog found severely burned in Pickering - CityNews

Dog recovering after burns to half his body
July 18, 2012
A Shih Tzu is recovering at the humane society in Whitby after receiving burns to half his body and being left next to a dumpster behind a supermarket in Pickering on July 10.

Dog recovering after burns to half his body

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Under the Provincial Animal Welfare Act, anyone who harms an animal could be jailed for two years and fined as much as $60,000.

Sadly, I think this is rarely enforced.:(

Treating an animal that should be someone's beloved pet like trash is sickening. I wish the dog had survived, but it's injuries ended up being too severe.:(

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
They are smart not giving out this pricks name, because I ever meet up with him, I would beat this prick half to death like he did his dog.

Vigil for beaten dog draws hundreds in Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News

Hundreds of people accompanied by their four-legged best friends gathered at Vancouver's Kits Beach yesterday evening to mark the death of Captain, the German shepherd found dying in a dumpster last week.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They are smart not giving out this pricks name, because I ever meet up with him, I would beat this prick half to death like he did his dog.

Vigil for beaten dog draws hundreds in Vancouver - British Columbia - CBC News

Hundreds of people accompanied by their four-legged best friends gathered at Vancouver's Kits Beach yesterday evening to mark the death of Captain, the German shepherd found dying in a dumpster last week.

But they do give out his name. They just "blurred" his picture. His name is Brian Whitlock.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
didn't catch that.. thanks.. that name also sound familiar - huh. eh also, he is the one in green.

No problem. I guess that's why the picture of the other person was blurred, since they didn't "do the deed". He kind of has the douchebag look down-pat.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It would really suck to one of the 18 (I'm guessing) guys living in Vancouver
and named "Brian Whitlock" at this point.

LOL funny you say this, you see how many people shared the name of the accused Colorado shooter. People attacking individuals on Facebook, or wanting to be friends..

There is an effort not to mention the shooters real name..take away his fame and make him into what he really is.. a nobody, a loser...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
LOL funny you say this, you see how many people shared the name of the accused Colorado shooter. People attacking individuals on Facebook, or wanting to be friends..

There is an effort not to mention the shooters real name..take away his fame and make him into what he really is.. a nobody, a loser...

It shows the mentality of some people that they would choose to be "friends" with this monster.