Don Cherry makes news in America.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I wouldn't expect anything more from a failed coach. I hope Ford can count better than Cherry, if not the city is in big trouble.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Play-offs of any kind in any sports are nothing but a sham.

Any idiot can win a short series with a bit of luck.

The REAL good team is the one that proves it with the best record over an 80 game season in hockey. Cherry proved that time after time.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Play-offs of any kind in any sports are nothing but a sham.

Any idiot can win a short series with a bit of luck.

The REAL good team is the one that proves it with the best record over an 80 game season in hockey. Cherry proved that time after time.

He's a choker, can't win the big games.

He's a baffoon in a pink suit, no surprise you like the guy at all.

I don't think that the swearing in of the new mayor is an appropriate time for this sort of crap.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Saw this, and couldn't stop laughing my ass off. Not surprised Toronto was so easily swindled by this goon. Ford monopolized talk radio and collected all the sports hecklers, so Don Cherry is the perfect advertising mouthpiece. Not surprised he made so many references to the "left", and patted the back of the The Sun. I'm actually a bit shocked he didn't plug Fox news as well!

But, yea, this is what is passing for the new world order now. People will break their pelvic bones for a pitiful tax break, and morons like these are throwing their money away on poor transit decisions.

Mind you, the LRT plan was way too far up north, but instead of wasting money on the fast transit connecting Scarberians to their local mall, we could be connecting all of Toronto with LRT further south along the 401 line for less money and with greater care to the environment.

But the bribery is already in place. Respect for the tax payers, lol. Another 4 years of a bought and paid for candidate.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I love it....Don Cherry wearing pink for left wing pinkos.......

YouTube - Don Cherry speech at Toronto City Hall [December 7, 2010] Rob Ford Mayor

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''We love his opening, where either by way of a Freudian slip or bad pun-making, he describes the color of the jacket he’s wearing as “pinko,” rather than “pink.”''

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Don Cherry has under achieved at everything he's done except shooting his mouth off.....not surprising that YJ would be a fan. One has to wonder if YJ's wife has a problem with the lack of importance he places on finishing the job (something Cherry has failed to do numerous times in his forgettable hockey career).

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol:Cherry has always been close to number one on my twit list. Did he say something else I missed. Darn. Oh well; nothing to see here folks. Move along. Just another Con shill.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
''We love his opening, where either by way of a Freudian slip or bad pun-making, he describes the color of the jacket he’s wearing as “pinko,” rather than “pink.”''

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't be caught shot to death in a sh*t house dressed up in any of his get ups. :lol: