NDP Scourge On The Jewish Nation

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
NDP Scourge On The Jewish Nation

A prominent federal NDP MP made a statement Israel should leave Gaza alone.

youtube.com/watch?v =MWChzB0wSp0

I guess this is as the song goes “Crazy old lady she’s twice my age”

I guess this crazy old lady doesn’t understand why Israel is giving Gaza such a hard time.

Gaza made a promise that there will be peace with Israel if they gave back some of the land and they did but peace never was delivered.

This crazy old lady never understood why Israel went into Gaza because the terrorist were shooting rockets into Israel from Gaza on a daily bases and the Gaza government refused to do anything about it.

This crazy old lady never wondered why Gaza did not officially declare war on Israel because they were hoping that they could clear the terrorist from Gaza, which the Government was unwilling to do.

Is this crazy old lady towing the NDP party line?

Is this one of the NDP’s hidden agendas?

So far the NDP leader did not rap her knuckles so all NDPers must be in agreement with this crazy old lady.

When Gaza can prove that it is not smuggling weapons into their country so they can shoot rockets into Israel then the navel blockades will stop.

Now if Gaza wants to declare war on Israel and end this once and for all that’s an option.

The other option is to quit firing rockets into Israel now and give peace a chance

Last edited:

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
There certainly is no warrant for the resignation of Ms. Libby Davies M.P. (Vancouver East), the Deputy Leader of the New Democratic Party. Let’s recall that the independence of the State of Israel was declaredin 1948 by an organisation whose authority to make such a declaration is very much a constitutional question. Moreover, Israel’s interpretation of its own borders has expanded beyond its original declaration to include portions of the territory that had been designated by the United Nations partition order to be under Arab administration. The Right Honourable Stephen Harper P.C., M.P. (Calgary Southwest), the Prime Minister, has jumped on these comments without critical thought to take advantage of the heated feelings that surround the Israeli-Palestinian disagreement.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Right Honourable Stephen Harper P.C., M.P. (Calgary Southwest), the Prime Minister, has jumped on these comments without critical thought to take advantage of the heated feelings that surround the Israeli-Palestinian disagreement.
Funny how you can see that clearly now, (And the real funny part is, I agree with you) but when Iggy made a political football out the GG, you missed it...:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Big deal. Any statement that isn't "Praise Israel" is going to be taken as anti semitic by some and pro-Islam by others. They who want to hear will hear what they want.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Did I?

Posted on 16 May 2010:

And a quick condemnation of Liberal petty politics, excuse me...

The Honourable Michael Ignatieff P.C., M.P. (Etobicoke Lakeshore), the Leader of Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition, recently announced that the prime minister had asked his opinion on who to appoint as the Governor General’s successor, and that he had advised the extension of the present holder’s term. Now, while I agree with the Leader of the Opposition’s recommendation (I am an openly-enthusiastic fan of the current vicereign), what he’s done here is entirely unacceptable and inappropriate.

For the Leader of the Opposition to so openly attempt to drag the Office of the Governor General of Canada through ugly partisan waters is a total breach of accepted conventions surrounding that Office. The prime minister would have expected such a sensitive conversation to remain a private one (as would have any prime minister), and the Leader of the Opposition would have well known this, revealing that discussion as he saw an opportunity for cheap political points. It now seems laughable that the prime minister recommended his appointment to Her Majesty the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada—can he really be trusted to safeguard the secrets of the State? I certainly don’t think so.

He should be censured.

You can view the full post here.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
So far the NDP leader did not rap her knuckles so all NDPers must be in agreement with this crazy old lady.

Layton accepts Davies' apology for Israel remarks

Layton accepts Davies' apology for Israel remarks - CTV News

...... The NDP leader had already publicly distanced himself from Davies' comments, calling them a "serious mistake" that contradicts the New Democrats' vision for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine.....
Leave it to a Liberal to jump the gun and toss out generalized blanket statements based on ignorance.

.......In the video, Davies answers several questions about the Israel-Palestine conflict, including one asking her to clarify when the Israeli "occupation" began. "(The occupation started in) '48. It's the longest occupation in the world," she replies in the video.

The MP also indicates she approves of boycotts and sanctions against the Jewish nation......
Wow... big deal..... Israel should have boycotts and sanctions against them.

And people are demanding her to step down because of this?

Frig, there's plenty of people in both the Conservative and Liberal parties who've said/done much worse, whom many in the country demanded they stepped down..... but never did and had full support from their parties to remain in their positions.

Hell, Harper himself has continually shot off lies, exaggerations and offensive comments.... yet he's still in power.

So if all these other parties can get away with ignorant and stupid remarks or commit some really dumb crap, and still be able to keep their jobs (Even when they continually do stupid things or say stupid things) Why shouldn't the NDP?

...... She later apologized in a letter to the Ottawa Citizen, also posted on her website, Libby Davies - MP for Vancouver East. The letter calls her comments regarding the Israeli occupation of Palestine "a serious and completely inadvertent error" and affirms her support for the NDP's two-state solution.

"I reject the allegation that I hate Israel, and I reject the assertion that I said that Israel is illegitimate or an abomination. Neither are true."

Meanwhile, Layton said the party is ready to move on from the blunder and "carry on with the work that has to be done."

"What we do need to do in this country is start to figure out how Canada can play a role in identifying solutions in a very difficult environment that is the Middle East today," he said. "We've got people who are suffering a great deal and let's start to tackle that."

Then end.... time to move on.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
[
Something you talk about, but don't actually do I guess?

Hell, Harper himself has continually shot off lies, exaggerations and offensive comments.... yet he's still in power.
Can you give me a list of these?

Tells a much different story when you actually supply the right information, rather then hyped up, opinionated BS, huh?
Quite.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
There certainly is no warrant for the resignation of Ms. Libby Davies M.P. (Vancouver East), the Deputy Leader of the New Democratic Party. Let’s recall that the independence of the State of Israel was declaredin 1948 by an organisation whose authority to make such a declaration is very much a constitutional question. Moreover, Israel’s interpretation of its own borders has expanded beyond its original declaration to include portions of the territory that had been designated by the United Nations partition order to be under Arab administration. The Right Honourable Stephen Harper P.C., M.P. (Calgary Southwest), the Prime Minister, has jumped on these comments without critical thought to take advantage of the heated feelings that surround the Israeli-Palestinian disagreement.

What Ms Davies said is in direct conflict with the stated policies of the NDP, of which she is deputy leader.

It was also disgraceful and idiotic, the latter being exactly what we expect from Ms. Davies.

But her resignation is entirely a matter for the NDP to decide.

Why?

For defending themselves in a perfectly legal manner?

Or just for being Israelis?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why should it matter who is ****ing up? They ****ed up royally and that needs to be expressed and commneted on regardless of who it was or the background of those who ****ed up. Israel ****ed up and should take the heat like any other nation that ****s up.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why should it matter who is ****ing up? They ****ed up royally and that needs to be expressed and commneted on regardless of who it was or the background of those who ****ed up. Israel ****ed up and should take the heat like any other nation that ****s up.
Oh but Israel can do no wrong and anybody who says they can are Jooooo haters, don't ya know?

Reactions: petros

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh but Israel can do no wrong and anybody who says they can are Jooooo haters, don't ya know?
That's not only a ridiculous comment, but completely unfounded.

As Colpy and I have had many discussions on Israel, with many people, and in the end, have never made the accusation that they were a Joo hater, because they weren't, they simply viewed the topic from a different perspective. That aptly applied label of joo hater, is reserved solely for those that use no reason, rational or critical thought and ignore the very real culpability of other parties, to bolster their own hate of one entity. Sound familiar?

Your post was reported for the ridiculous off topic crap it is.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
What Ms Davies said is in direct conflict with the stated policies of the NDP, of which she is deputy leader.
Where does it state in the policies of the New Democratic Party that the Jewish Agency of Israel (the body that declared independence) had the constitutional authority to declare independence of anything? The creation of Israel had already been assured through the decision of the partition order issued by the United Nations. That is like suggesting that the National Assembly of Québec could at any time declare Québec independence by publishing a press release. Obviously the right of Israel to exist is now clearly established; however, that doesn’t mean that it has a carte blanche for eternity.

It was also disgraceful and idiotic, the latter being exactly what we expect from Ms. Davies.
It was neither of the above.

The region that is now Israel was indeed occupied at the time, before the order for partition was issued. Hundreds of thousands of Jewish immigrants moved to the region, and then proceeded to declare independence; and when they weren’t allocated enough territory by the United Nations, Israel proceeded to annex (directly and indirectly) much of the territory that was actually granted to Arab-Palestinians. Everyone knows that Israel has the right to exist, but there should also be an acknowledgement that Arab-Palestinians need somewhere to go, too.

But her resignation is entirely a matter for the NDP to decide.
Maybe you should shoot that off in an e-mail to the prime minister, hey?

Or just for being Israelis?
How delightful. Anyone who dares criticise Israeli policy must be a rabid anti-Semite.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bear. I don't think he mean't it in a flippant way or was saying it was anybody in particular. There are people on the planet who will automatically state that it's anti-semitic where it is merely being critical of the politics of Israel.

I for one don't approve of some their political views but I won't blame the individual.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's not only a ridiculous comment, but completely unfounded.

As Colpy and I have had many discussions on Israel, with many people, and in the end, have never made the accusation that they were a Joo hater, because they weren't, they simply viewed the topic from a different perspective. That aptly applied label of joo hater, is reserved solely for those that use no reason, rational or critical thought and ignore the very real culpability of other parties, to bolster their own hate of one entity. Sound familiar?

Your post was reported for the ridiculous off topic crap it is.
I'm sorry you feel personally slighted by my remark. It was not aimed at you. But feel free to continue your personal vendetta against me if it makes you feel better.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear. I don't think he mean't it in a flippant way or was saying it was anybody in particular. There are people on the planet who will automatically state that it's anti-semitic where it is merely being critical of the politics of Israel.
I would otherwise agree, but there is a discussion afoot, that shows a pattern.

I for one don't approve of some their political views but I won't blame the individual.
Who or what do you blame? Just out of curiousity.

I'm sorry you feel personally slighted by my remark. It was not aimed at you. But feel free to continue your personal vendetta against me if it makes you feel better.
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/members-lounge/93430-reality-history-rhetoric.html#post1290691

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote: I for one don't approve of some their political views but I won't blame the individual.
Who or what do you blame? Just out of curiousity.
I'm not a big fan of media and have no problems taking stabs at propagandists who blindly produce biased articles or fluff and bend the truth to fit a political agenda.

We deserve to be told the truth and that should be upheld by a news group regardless of their beliefs.

I'm tired of having to sort through the spin regardless of the source.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm not a big fan of media and have no problems taking stabs at propagandists who blindly produce biased articles or fluff and bend the truth to fit a political agenda.
Gotchya, and agree completely.

We deserve to be told the truth and that should be upheld by a news group regardless of their beliefs.
Or who signs their pay cheques, lol.

I'm tired of having to sort through the spin regardless of the source.
Tell me about it. Sadly, it's hard to find a lot of material, that doesn't come with spin and when frustrated, succumb to spinning yourself.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Where does it state in the policies of the New Democratic Party that the Jewish Agency of Israel (the body that declared independence) had the constitutional authority to declare independence of anything? The creation of Israel had already been assured through the decision of the partition order issued by the United Nations. That is like suggesting that the National Assembly of Québec could at any time declare Québec independence by publishing a press release. Obviously the right of Israel to exist is now clearly established; however, that doesn’t mean that it has a carte blanche for eternity.

It was neither of the above.

The region that is now Israel was indeed occupied at the time, before the order for partition was issued. Hundreds of thousands of Jewish immigrants moved to the region, and then proceeded to declare independence; and when they weren’t allocated enough territory by the United Nations, Israel proceeded to annex (directly and indirectly) much of the territory that was actually granted to Arab-Palestinians. Everyone knows that Israel has the right to exist, but there should also be an acknowledgement that Arab-Palestinians need somewhere to go, too.

Maybe you should shoot that off in an e-mail to the prime minister, hey?

How delightful. Anyone who dares criticise Israeli policy must be a rabid anti-Semite.

Israel has a land area of 22,000 sq kilometers (one third the size of New Brunswick).....the area of the nations which it borders (including Gaza and the West Bank) is sixty (60) times that, and that is only a small fraction of the territory controled by Arabs. The Arabs have plenty of places to go.

800,000 Jews had their property and assets seized and were pushed out of Arab nations at about the same time 750,000 Palestinians left what is now Israel........where are the Jewish "refugees"??? Where are your tears for them?

No need, they were absorbed by Israel.......why is it unreasonable to expect the Arab nations to take care of their own????? Israel would surrender the West Bank to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt in a heartbeat......but they don't want them.....

Why do you think that is??????

Israel LEFT Gaza in 2005, taking its settlers with them....by force! And leaving greenhouses.......the Gaza strip immediately became a launch point for attacks on Israel, and the green houses were destroyed.....yet Israel is expected to allow unfettered access to the area that is led by a group sworn to their complete destruction....get a GRIP!

Israeli commandos were doing EXACTLY the same job Canadian soldiers have been doing for almost two decades.........and Canadian soldiers don't board ships with paintball guns, but with 9mm SMGs..............and they are taught to shoot first.......

But somehow the Israelis have commited a great crime by not allowing the Turkish Jihadists to beat them to death........as far as I'm concerned the Israelis didn't kill enough of them.

That is why I asked the question about the unfair and unequal treatment afforded Israel....I never mentioned Jews or anti-Semitism.....I left that to you.

Mr. Harper is doing an adequate job without my help, thank you.